Wait for 19 or just buy 18 leftover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was very disappointed the autonomous emergency braking is mandatory on a 2019, very disappointed the leadfoot was discontinued, I don't care for the blue seat color, and don't want auto high beams. While I'm at it, I think a 2017 non-***** stamp no applique Avalanche is the current high point of Raptor aesthetic.

Pretty much the only thing I prefer about the 2019 is the live valve shocks, and I think they will be a big deal one way or the other.

I can see them being a very, very good thing both for street driving and for off road if they're dialed in well and don't have reliability issues, but I can see them being annoying if they aren't dialed in well and there is the big unknown of reliability.

All summed and including the price increase, I'm getting a 2018, but will be looking over the fence if Ford offers a proper FU color in 2020.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the dealer I am ordering my 19 at contacted me yesterday to try and get me to buy their white 18 that has been on there lot for a couple months now. They will come down to $69K and toss in the LineX spray in bed liner. They also have a Red Raptor that they sent off to some shop and are doing it all up so it will be around $100K when done and the sales guy said we will even toss in the stock bead lock rims off it, so I would have a free set of wheels to go with the ones already on the white raptor which are the plan factory rims. I discussed it with my wife and we both agreed that the price difference between this deal and the 19 is only like $2800. So I think I'm going to stick to my plan and just order the 19 like I want. Like she said unless there coming off the 18 with $5K and tossing in stuff it's not worth it. Plus I don't need a truck fast I can wait.

Still would be fun to work them to see how low I can get them and how much free stuff I can get LOL

Anyone looking for a white 18 PM me and I'll give you the dealer info.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I faced the same issue about the 19s and decided to go with a Leadfoot because I really like that color. Picking mine up in 2 weeks in Kansas City and planning on a great roadtrip back to Santa Barbara.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I faced the same issue about the 19s and decided to go with a Leadfoot because I really like that color. Picking mine up in 2 weeks in Kansas City and planning on a great roadtrip back to Santa Barbara.

How long did it take for the truck to go from production date to your estimated delivery date?

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long did it take for the truck to go from production date to your estimated delivery date?
I'm buying a 2018 SCREW from the dealer in Kansas for two reasons - $2k under MSRP and they had a Leadfoot color which is not available in 2019.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm buying a 2018 SCREW from the dealer in Kansas for two reasons - $2k under MSRP and they had a Leadfoot color which is not available in 2019.

I traveled a few states and gave up a deposit for a Leadfoot with the correct options. Several hours of searching a couple weeks ago turned up one in the entire country spec'd the way I want it (no dealer bloat), and for a while, there were zero. The factory rejected my Leadfoot paint selection on a 2018 I ordered which would have been delivered in a few weeks; I guess they quit offering it before the production run was even up.

If anyone is interested, I know where there'll be a magnetic 2018 SCREW with 802A, NO moonroof, beadlock ready, and tailgate step... and no other options, in ~3 weeks. Very reasonable small town dealer in TX.

Last edited:

carsonmd

Reaction score
I traveled a few states and gave up a deposit for a Leadfoot with the correct options. Several hours of searching a couple weeks ago turned up one in the entire country spec'd the way I want it (no dealer bloat), and for a while, there were zero. The factory rejected my Leadfoot paint selection on a 2018 I ordered which would have been delivered in a few weeks; I guess they quit offering it before the production run was even up.

If anyone is interested, I know where there'll be a magnetic 2018 SCREW with 802A, NO moonroof, beadlock ready, and tailgate step... and no other options, in ~3 weeks. Very reasonable small town dealer.

I would like to know. "Window shopping" at present and hope to get one in the coming weeks.

shrinky

Reaction score
first post first raptor. after some debating on the shocks i went with the 18. FOX just brought their live valve tech to mountain bikes where it seems to work okay under normal riding conditions but not hearing great things from people who tried.
While i am sure the car version works better its another electronic system that can fail. Prob better off with beefier shocks rather than automatic damping adjustments based on wheel motion. Anyways main reason I went with 2018 was my local dealer (3miles away) had exactly the build i wanted. Paid ~3.5K below the ~72.5 sticker plus fair trade value. Will bring it home on friday.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first post first raptor. after some debating on the shocks i went with the 18. FOX just brought their live valve tech to mountain bikes where it seems to work okay under normal riding conditions but not hearing great things from people who tried.
While i am sure the car version works better its another electronic system that can fail. Prob better off with beefier shocks rather than automatic damping adjustments based on wheel motion. Anyways main reason I went with 2018 was my local dealer (3miles away) had exactly the build i wanted. Paid ~3.5K below the ~72.5 sticker plus fair trade value. Will bring it home on friday.

Good to hear and yeah the new shocks are the unknown for me. In theory I would think they would be even better and make the ride better but it is the first year for them so who knows. Maybe it shouldn't be a concern of mine but the state of Maryland uses pretreat in winter time and they go over board it's hard on the under carriage stuff like brake line fittings and shock bodies and I'm wondering if it will be hard on the electronics on the new shocks like the connection points and all.