Vivid Racing VR Tuned ECU iFlash Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
42765195_10104466029193618_2329495647515836416_n.jpg

Wanted to post my experience with the brand new Vivid Racing VRTuned.com software out now on their website:

https://www.vividracing.com/tuned-ecu-flash-tune-ford-raptor-35l-ecoboost-450hp-p-151941249.html

I had an opportunity to install this as a sponsored vehicle and have been thoroughly impressed from start to tune! Vivid has an amazing history and they thoroughly stand behind their products, so I had no hesitation and dove in head first.

The installation using their OBDII cable is faster than most, considering it doesn't rely on the processing power of a handheld but rather your laptop. Install software, download the files from the truck's ECU, upload it or email it over to them, they work their magic using a 91 octane base which will adjust for better octane if available (I've never run anything other than 93 and I'm otherwise stock), and BAM, 90rwhp and 70rwtq increase! Their installation instructions can be found here for all the details:

http://www.vrtuned.com/installation/

and make sure you really read it! The driver on my Win10 work laptop gave me the error below and I had to follow these steps listed on that installation link:

Windows 8 and 10 may require the need to do the driver deactivation. If you have a issue with the driver, or you get an error that says USB Device Not Recognized, first try to install the Device Driver here.

If you have any trouble, they can do lots of things to help you during normal business hours, and their install page lists a few awesome ones:

If you need help, support, feel nervous, contact our support team. We can do it for you via screen share (must have internet), coach you through it over the phone, or send the jet… We will be happy to do it for you and help you anyway possible.

vrtuned-ford-raptor-ecu-flash.jpg
(not my vehicle measured)​

When you buy the tune, you have the option of buying the OBDII cable, but unless you feel like driving to Arizona or sending in your ECU, this allows you to flash it back to stock if need be. I was JUST about to hit 36K miles coincidentally when I did the tune (have an aftermarket 100K warranty and have been looking into tunes for quite some time now regardless of manufacturer warranty). And considering I am just finishing my first year of ownership this Saturday on 10/6 and have racked up "only" 36K miles this year, some years have been as high as 51K miles in past vehicles, I'd say the long term will come sooner than most!

The guys at Vivid have been awesome to work with from start to finish. They answered all my questions I had regarding updating tunes for more aftermarket parts (they can do this, but bolt-ons won't change much for requiring a tune), and look forward to their other aftermarket parts menu out now (the Agency Power intake arrives next week for me to install at home) as well as the relocated intercooler they are wrapping up right now, can't WAIT! Thanks to Ryan and Dan at Vivid for the opportunity and I look forward to doing another write up for the intake when I get to tackle that next week before going to Durhamtown GA for the Raptor Takeover event!

I made two videos while I was out in Wilmington, one was the meat and potatoes of the tune install, the video you want to watch if you're just interested in what I did to flash the tune with little else. The second is a fun video with some cool shots from my Gen 2 Fox Racing Ford Raptor bodied Traxxas Slash 4x4, enjoy!

TUNE VIDEO:

TRAXXAS VIDEO:

katchup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tempting but seems a bit more than MPT, curious to see other reviews to see if its worth it. Going to keep an eye on this, thanks for sharing!

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vivid has always been a strong contender in the tuning market. Glad to see more getting involved. Amazing how much power is left on the table in these stock.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What was the base truck they used for the printout you posted? 294 HP and 345 Torque is quite low for a stock Raptor.

The difference between the two runs is 67 HP and 75 Ft/lbs, not 90 and 70, so I am curious where you are getting your numbers.

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the base truck they used for the printout you posted? 294 HP and 345 Torque is quite low for a stock Raptor.

The difference between the two runs is 67 HP and 75 Ft/lbs, not 90 and 70, so I am curious where you are getting your numbers.

I compared the graph baseline to others who have tuned the Raptor and some are higher, some are lower. The DTE tuner shows almost identical baseline, the MPT shows 60hp more, and larger power gains than Vivid. It doesn't matter as much as what the numbers are as to where the deltas are, and on Vivid's website, they explain their best deltas:

As tested on our Mustang Dyno using 91 octane here in Arizona, we saw massive gains throughout the RPM range. At 3900 rpm we gained over 70ft/lbs of torque and at 5200 rpm saw almost 90 rear wheel horsepower!

The graph doesn't show this specifically, which leads me to believe they were from a different run / comparison, but you're right, the deltas shown on that graph posted above are 67 / 75.