VisionX Light Cannon SALE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And.....another tip. Mount the lights on the brackets before you mount the brackets. I had to learn the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

There you go, yes. With the Cannons definitely do that. With smaller lights it doesn't matter but with the large base of the Cannons that definitely helps

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There you go, yes. With the Cannons definitely do that. With smaller lights it doesn't matter but with the large base of the Cannons that definitely helps

I knew that ahead of time, but it honestly doesn't help much. You still have to have them loose to aim them and it's near impossible to fit any wrench in there to tighten them!

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep thats the problem I had, was getting a wrench on the bottom side. Still haven't cracked that nut yet completely.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep thats the problem I had, was getting a wrench on the bottom side. Still haven't cracked that nut yet completely.

It's damned near impossible. I had to order a 17mm stubby flex/ratcheting wrench. Even with that, I still can't get it THAT tight. I can't get the ratcheting side in there, there isn't room. I can move that part up so it doesn't hit the windshielf (flex) and get little nudges by barely wedging the open end in. It's an extreme pain, but I have not found any other way nor any other tool. MAYBE a tiny crescent wrench that's thinner? Cause every 17mm I've found is pretty fat.

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, okay now let me share something. What we do a lot is grab the nut with the wrench, then pull up on the light while you turn the light to basically turn the bolt and therefore tighten the light down. Because the head of the bolt in the light base is machined to fit in the base, it won't turn. you can spin the light to cheat the system, and once it's tight enough, snug it down with the wrench

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's exactly what I did, although getting a wrench on the nut underneath is the issue. I actually used a needle nose pilars to hold the nut underneath. Was only able to snug it up. Nothing tight at all.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, did that too - to a degree. But when you want to actually AIM and snug the nut up tight, spinning the light is no longer an option. Also, you just accept you're going to scratch up that plastic valence a little - which you can't really see anyway with the mounts there.
But seriously, there has to be a better way.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I taped everything, valence, hood etc with electrical tape to help protect it. I haven't aimed mine in yet, so I'll let you know how that goes.