Vinyl wrap wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not ready to purchase new wheels yet. i was considering plasti dipping the polished wheels to a gloss black but further research has now led me to consider vinyl wrapping the wheels instead. i dont like the polished wheels on a Raptor and ultimately i will be changing them. So as a temporary solution i am going to attempt to wrap them.

Has anybody in the forums done this?

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a product out like plastidip but instead of it being a rubber based it has a vinyl base. You might want to consider it due to its uniformity and ease of install.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some pretty good results of folks plasti-dipping the polished wheels to a gunmetal type color or black...google image search will bring up several.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Betting that doing an actual wrap on the factory wheels would cost almost the same as a new set of wheels. That would be a bitch of a job to do.

I agree that wrapping them would be a major pain and probably cost more than you want to spend. Several folks have painted the factory wheels with pretty good results, as others have stated. Do a quick search in the exterior forum.

Here are a couple of examples, but I know there are more.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/plasti-dip-wheels-to-match-fender.59663/

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/plasti-dip-and-geisers.63501/

Last edited:

vhudoo

Reaction score
There’s a product out like plastidip but instead of it being a rubber based it has a vinyl base. You might want to consider it due to its uniformity and ease of install.

Autodip is a vinyl spray and can be used for temporarily painting automotive pieces. Last I checked there was more options in terms of colors and finishes when compared to plastidip. I ended up using the spray to coat the wheels on my porsche. I had painted my wheels matte black and they turned out really well. There was a good amount of prep work involved. I ended up removing all 4 wheels and cleaning them before applying 8-10 coats per wheel.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Autodip is a vinyl spray and can be used for temporarily painting automotive pieces. Last I checked there was more options in terms of colors and finishes when compared to plastidip. I ended up using the spray to coat the wheels on my porsche. I had painted my wheels matte black and they turned out really well. There was a good amount of prep work involved. I ended up removing all 4 wheels and cleaning them before applying 8-10 coats per wheel.

Sounds interesting. Do you have any photos of how they turned out on your Porsche?

vhudoo

Reaction score
Here ya go. Ended up selling this in June to make way for the raptor.

911_1.jpg 911_2.jpg 991_3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free