Vinyl Wrap Brand/Color Match Factory Gunmetal Grey Metallic Trim Color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wkasak_17Raptor

wkasak_17Raptor

Reaction score
I may be misunderstanding the intention here, but there may be another route if you are just trying to cover up some bumper damage. I had a relative back into my truck and when I looked on EBay there were new bumpers for the corners of the truck for less than $100. I think the pair was around $100 actually. So many people replace the number with aftermarket that the stock bumpers seem to be readily available at a good price.
I have looked into that and can't seem to find any used ones in good shape for that price. Most are already damaged (more then my existing). My existing one is not really damaged/dented/gouged just the paint is flaking of because of a poor dealer spot paint touch up when I bought the truck pre-owned. I will take another look for replacements. Looking into the wrap because I'm just interested in seeing if there is a vinyl color that is acceptably close. After a bit of testing the 3M colors it might not be the best idea because of how close the exhaust pipes are to the rear bumper...might get too hot. Would be a fun test though.

OP
OP
wkasak_17Raptor

wkasak_17Raptor

Reaction score
Update -

3M Satin Dark Grey - Shade lighter, slight more of a blueish tint, and could be a bit glossier. Most of my paint is ceramic coated so the my painted sections might be a bit glosser than normal because of that leading to the difference. Not close enough for me. Need something a little darker with more grey less blue metallic.

3M Matte Dark Grey - Shade lighter, and finish is too dull/matte. No go for me. Would be nice for graphics to match overall appearance.