Vinyl Interior Wrap

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by AggieSVT, Sep 29, 2015.

Sponsored By: Special Vehicle Concepts
  1. infinitereality

infinitereality FRF Addict

Thanks! and I'm not sure either. Would be pretty sick for sure. I think that's how this guy started and expanded to different vehicles. He does it right to keep it in high demand, only does batches so you have to pre-order and it may take several months for your stuff to come in. But it's well worth the wait.

Maverick Man Carbon

MILRTME likes this.
  2. SVT_Aaron

SVT_Aaron Full Access Member

ive always had this thought in mind, but doing to the interior parts on the inside of the truck. still thinking about doing it just not sure on how to do it and or what materials to buy to get the job done...

3. infinitereality

Check out ebay, they sell kits that come with everything but sand paper.

4. 2014RubyRed

2014RubyRed FRF Addict

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  5. SilentShooter

SilentShooter FRF Addict

I have had both actual CF covered parts and Hydro dipped. The Real CF is NICE but it is thick and heavy so can be a PIA depending on the part to fit it back. I have also done Hydro Dipped parts on a previous mustang and its nice. But to do it properly you need someone that is going to clear coat it with automotive grade clear coat with a few layers to protect it. I would require a matte/satin clear coat as I hate the glare gloss created on anything inside a vehicle.

6. 2014RubyRed

2014RubyRed FRF Addict

I wouldn't think clear coating it would be a big deal at home, would it? Automotive paint suppliers have it in the cans and it is a pretty small area being coated.

7. SilentShooter

SilentShooter FRF Addict

Long as you have a place you can set up a clean spay booth. Doing a quality clearcoat needs clean air or you will get debris in the clear. And when you are doing multiple layers it makes it so you can polish it out if its in a previous layer.

8. SVT_Aaron

SVT_Aaron Full Access Member

sweet ill have to check it out and do some experimenting with it and see if i can come up with a nice looking finished product.

9. Christian Brown

Christian Brown Member

Waitn on pics

10. infinitereality

I had a Remington 870 SuperMag shotgun professionally hydrodipped several years ago for duck hunting. It looked nice after getting it back, but was disappointed how it held up in real world use. I always cased my gun when transporting it and was gentle with it when out of the case. Would I hydrodip a gun again? No. Would I do the interior, eh, maybe but probably not since it's permanent.