Vinyl Interior Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That has been one of the things holding me back. I heard the 3m 1080 is much better for tight radius's but also can come up and its recommended to prime the surface and use promoter for such pieces. But they do not have a flat CF 1080 material so might try a flat deep black

MILRTME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was really tight when I laid it and I didn't think I'd have any trouble, but .... I did so probably gonna peel off and try something different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Yeah it was really tight when I laid it and I didn't think I'd have any trouble, but .... I did so probably gonna peel off and try something different

Same thing happened to my corner of the left side panel I did before I decided to buy the promoter. Mine took maybe a day to start showing, but it was the middle of summer too. I still have yet to peel and redo it, wife tried to put the vinyl up the attic the other day and had to stop her, haha.

Not sure if this is possible, but can you remove the panel and attempt to peel up that side enough to put the promoter down and then press the vinyl back down? That's what I'm going to attempt first before peeling

MILRTME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah it's one thing if you mess it up, it's another if she does! [emoji23] I know the feeling!

And I thought about it but I'm looking into wrapping all the panels in real carbon fiber now, I personally love the way it looks just want it to hold up.

Only thing is real CF is a pretty penny so I need to be sure before I go that route![emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I've wrapped stuff in real 2x2 carbon fiber before. Of all things on the plastics of my old street legal Honda CRF50. I did it the old school way, no vacuum. It's really not that hard, just a little time consuming. It's really not too expensive, think paid $80 for all materials. Definitely something to consider, but only down side is putting it back together....the epoxy is decently thick.

You could find a place that'll use pre-preg carbon and vacuum and probably wouldn't be as thick. But then it'd cost some $$$.

What you should do is pull molds off the interior pieces, build/buy a vacuum system and make new replacement parts. Then it'd be some what easy to make more and you could sell them and recoup all your money back. :)

In case you didn't know, they make real carbon fiber overlays for our trucks. I've just never seen them installed

IMG_8538.jpg

MILRTME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've wrapped stuff in real 2x2 carbon fiber before. Of all things on the plastics of my old street legal Honda CRF50. I did it the old school way, no vacuum. It's really not that hard, just a little time consuming. It's really not too expensive, think paid $80 for all materials. Definitely something to consider, but only down side is putting it back together....the epoxy is decently thick.

You could find a place that'll use pre-preg carbon and vacuum and probably wouldn't be as thick. But then it'd cost some $$$.

What you should do is pull molds off the interior pieces, build/buy a vacuum system and make new replacement parts. Then it'd be some what easy to make more and you could sell them and recoup all your money back. :)

In case you didn't know, they make real carbon fiber overlays for our trucks. I've just never seen them installed

IMG_8538.jpg

First off that Honda is BAD! [emoji106]

And I've looked into prepreg and it is costly, but has a better appearance. That's what I would use if I was to cover over my parts as it would be thinner, I would also vacuum seal it to keep it tight as possible and have the best appearance.

As for molds I've looked into doing it and I could do it but idk if I really could sell them as not everyone likes the look and the parts would still be costly for me to make and sell.

Just don't know how high the demands are.

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off that Honda is BAD! [emoji106]

And I've looked into prepreg and it is costly, but has a better appearance. That's what I would use if I was to cover over my parts as it would be thinner, I would also vacuum seal it to keep it tight as possible and have the best appearance.

As for molds I've looked into doing it and I could do it but idk if I really could sell them as not everyone likes the look and the parts would still be costly for me to make and sell.

Just don't know how high the demands are.

You'd have one customer here! I love the look of real cf on interior pieces.