VHF radio install pic's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Radio was mounted inside the console. Was a little bit of a hassle to grab the mic or hear the radio clearly. I decided to extend the mic jack to the side of the console and use an external speaker. Came out pretty good IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Where do you buy this?

19975d1365991636-vhf-radio-install-pics-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1365991633.744372.jpg

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is the gear shiftier in the way to mount the radio in the same location as the jack? I have not had it apart and not something I'm wanting to do just because.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Might need to do this. My truck is apart right now I have my radio in the center console as well.
Thanks, ill look into building one as well.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Radio was mounted inside the console. Was a little bit of a hassle to grab the mic or hear the radio clearly. I decided to extend the mic jack to the side of the console and use an external speaker. Came out pretty good IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Damn that looks good!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is the gear shiftier in the way to mount the radio in the same location as the jack? I have not had it apart and not something I'm wanting to do just because.

Wilson, Ya, there is no place in the shifter area for the radio. Lots of other wires, and linkages. Here is the pic of the radio install before I moved the mic. I used a standard CAT5 network cable I think about 4' long. There was already a hole from the console into the cupholder area from the radio install so I just used it.

Attachments

• IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 215

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson, Ya, there is no place in the shifter area for the radio. Lots of other wires, and linkages. Here is the pic of the radio install before I moved the mic. I used a standard CAT5 network cable I think about 4' long. There was already a hole from the console into the cupholder area from the radio install so I just used it.

Didn't even have to take the center council apart huh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2