VHF Antennas, NGP 1/2 wave and 1/4 wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 38" Comet SBB5 on a Comet Mag mount and a 18" SS460SB to interchange. I bought these with my Yasuee 8900 as a package for Ham use at Rallies. Not sure if that means they are 1/2 and 1/4 wave but they work for the commercial bands we use on the Raptor runs and also on the Ham bands and repeaters they use at most rallies in the US.

OP
OP
rkneeshaw

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 38" Comet SBB5 on a Comet Mag mount and a 18" SS460SB to interchange. I bought these with my Yasuee 8900 as a package for Ham use at Rallies. Not sure if that means they are 1/2 and 1/4 wave but they work for the commercial bands we use on the Raptor runs and also on the Ham bands and repeaters they use at most rallies in the US.

Thanks dude, that is helpful.

The 38" comet you use is 1/2 wave, and the 18" is 1/4 wave.

What I can't tell is if the 1/4wave is a NGP antenna. It says this in the specs: "Magnet Mount Compatible: Yes ", so maybe that means its a NGP antenna? I'm not sure.