Very weak HVAC under certain conditions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has been my main complaint so far with the truck, I've not been able to take mine off of MAX + LO temp since getting it. If I use anything other than just the front vent setting, the front vents might as well not be on.

In other words, if I turn on ventilated seats, very little airflow comes from the main vents even at max speed. Same if I use feet + main, main has no airflow. If the temp is any higher than LO, it honestly feels like heat, even at 65, which is only one tick up from LO.

Granted it's been a hot summer, I feel like I should have control over more than just the fan speed.
You might want to have the dealer look into this.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been my main complaint so far with the truck, I've not been able to take mine off of MAX + LO temp since getting it. If I use anything other than just the front vent setting, the front vents might as well not be on.

In other words, if I turn on ventilated seats, very little airflow comes from the main vents even at max speed. Same if I use feet + main, main has no airflow. If the temp is any higher than LO, it honestly feels like heat, even at 65, which is only one tick up from LO.

Granted it's been a hot summer, I feel like I should have control over more than just the fan speed.
Similar experience here. Last weekend on a ~100 degree day near the border in San Diego. Truck just felt like it couldn’t get cold anymore?

multirider

Reaction score
You are not alone, I’ve read a ton of reports on this matter. Mine are also weak. Luckily having ventilated seats help a bit. For a high end truck you would just expect more. I love the looks of the gen 3 and the tech in it but gosh dang it it has some quirks. Like the clear coat coming off the fender flares, or inside baffle being loose in the muffler… Ford better start figuring this out and start releasing some recalls..

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had issues with my gen 2 A/C . The cabin filter was plugged . May be worth checking before taking to dealer. New filter was $20 on amazon. Puts out 42 and 43 deg all day long in AZ heat

Last edited:

housecat

Reaction score
I had issues with my gen 2 A/C . The cabin filter was plugged . May be worth checking before taking to dealer. New filter was $20 on ebay. Puts out 42 and 43 deg all day long in AZ heat
Yeah I'll probably check it this week, I honestly would prefer not taking it to a dealer. They'll just leave a mess and find 'nothing wrong'. I fixed my lumbar support myself to avoid the dealer, and I've been putting off getting the tailgate recall warranty work done since I haven't had an issue with it yet.