Very pleased!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The headlight bounce is from the door flapping. From what little I understand about the HIDs is there is a door flap that opens up to expose the bulb to the entire projector. Notice when you turn on the high beam, it doesn't get brighter, just the "eyebrow" opens a little more taller.

linnwgetin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the call this afternoon that she was here, and then went and picked her up around 5:30. This is my second raptor. A good friend wanted to buy my other one so I decided to get a '13. I ordered it back in June when the order banks open and tried to forget about the best I could, but it was pretty tuff. I was worried about the color but after seeing it in real life I really like it. the silver one is my '11.
View attachment 13369
View attachment 13370
View attachment 13371
View attachment 13372
View attachment 13373

I have some questions already. The first is my headlights seem to be bouncing or moving on every little bump, is that normal? I've never had hids before so I don't know.

The second is about the navigation. When I click the nav button nothing happens. If I go into the travel link and try to look at the weather map it says that I have no navigation sd card. Is the only sd slot in the center console? If so I definitely do not have the nav card. Does it not come with them? I couldn't imagine so but I don't know where else it could be.

This also brought up the thought that if I have a digital map of my ranch can I put it on a sd card and upload it to the system? I've tried googling and have come up empty. Thanks ahead!

My nav card was in the glove box. Insert it and it took about 10 seconds to load.

OP
OP
A

atx

Reaction score
My dealer had the sd card! I just got it all working. So does anyone know if you can add your own maps? Also what do y'all think about that CAI?
Blondie, so what I'm seeing is just the "door" bouncing up and down? It's not actually the headlights?
As always, thanks!

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my 13 for 4 days now and haven't noticed any bouncing of the hids, I will pay attention to it tonight and let you know. Bouncing headlights just doesn't sound right...

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The volant is a very nice intake, I'd get it but they aren't giving you too much of a deal. You can buy them brand new for $300

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer had the sd card! I just got it all working. So does anyone know if you can add your own maps?

Not sure about a map but a new route yes. Go to map quest. Plan the route and then send to your nav system. Look at the picture. Hit mobile then put your phone number in.

Next time you get in your car it will be waiting for you.

Its a cool feature, I was out somewhere and had to suddenley pick up my son.

My wife shot the route over to my nav system, as soon as I got in the car I was set to go. I felt like James Bond for a minute.

I know you could just do it from the car, but it was real easy that it was waiting for me. It saved time.

My dealer offered a course for the MFT system. Yours may have one or just spend more time here.

Map Quest.jpg

Last edited: