Verified gen 3 fixes for issues (sticky?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are verified fixes for various concerns I've noticed on my gen 3 ownership since Friday 10-1-2021.

1. Rear fan noise from dcaca module under driver rear seat. Needs SSM(special service message) 50167 performed by dealer for module update to change fan programmed parameters.

2. Squeak/rattle from passenger rear seat area. Found root cause to be the spare tire jack hold down barely tightened. Retightened hold down bolt and verified rattle gone.

3. I still have passenger seat thump/creak noise on take off from a stop and am still trying to isolate that noise, my suspects are the seat track itself as pushing on the front seat from the back seat there is an awful lot of movement.

4. Upon checking my Ford pass app I found a few various dtcs/codes for driver side camera led listed as B15E1 and also now a B162F in the BCMC for VDM circuit output. I haven't gotten any warning lamps or such so I'm just monitoring these for the time being. I'll post up if I find any further problems on #3 and #4.

Fat Panda

Reaction score
3. I still have passenger seat thump/creak noise on take off from a stop and am still trying to isolate that noise, my suspects are the seat track itself as pushing on the front seat from the back seat there is an awful lot of movement.
I had a clicking noise that came from the passenger seat that can only be heard when accelerating and stopping. I noticed this when my wife sat in it. I had her drive so I can look around for the noise and found it was coming from the seat rail, on the side closest to the door. Checked all bolts and they were tight, including the 4 main mounting bolts. Ended up cycling the seat front to back and up and down a 5-6 times to spread out the grease, hasn’t made the noise since.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a clicking noise that came from the passenger seat that can only be heard when accelerating and stopping. I noticed this when my wife sat in it. I had her drive so I can look around for the noise and found it was coming from the seat rail, on the side closest to the door. Checked all bolts and they were tight, including the 4 main mounting bolts. Ended up cycling the seat front to back and up and down a 5-6 times to spread out the grease, hasn’t made the noise since.
Holy crap that's exactly my noise probably. To me sounded like the seat rails were doing it. I'm totally going to try this your awesome. All my bolts were tight to. It seemed to be mostly when shifting weight around or taking off from a stop. Thanks! :favorites37: :pepper:

Fat Panda

Reaction score
Holy crap that's exactly my noise probably. To me sounded like the seat rails were doing it. I'm totally going to try this your awesome. All my bolts were tight to. It seemed to be mostly when shifting weight around or taking off from a stop. Thanks! :favorites37: :pepper:
Sounds like it may be the same problem. Hopefully it works out the same for you.

AKS1

Reaction score

Phantom Battery Drain Issue in 2021 F-150 confirmed by Ford -- "Deep Sleep Mode"​

TSB for dead battery issue TSB21-2097

4x4ready

Reaction score

I noticed the door seal on the rear passenger side door that is parallel with front door makes a noise like that. On my truck it was sliding up and down. Also sometimes the front passenger could be leaving the seatbelt stuck between seat instead of hanging flush. That also makes a thumping noise.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving last night and went to back out of a garage and noticed my passenger fog light was off(outer one) and drivers was on(outer one). Looked down at my cluster, fogs were off. I switched them on and both sides work. Headlight switch in auto but fogs off drivers stays on. If I switch to park lights or headlights on modes they both shut off with fog switch off, and switch on with switch on. Only in auto mode this does this. I got a message into our engineering team and will post back the fix.