Vct leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like both of the solenoids are leaking, believe these are the VCT. Easy job, or use my extended warranty? Problem is I have to wait for it to leak some more since I just cleaned it up. IMG_9378.jpegIMG_9377.jpeg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those type of seals will always seep a small amount of oil. It typical to have a film of oil mist on the valve cover. They only need to be serviced if they’re leaking to the point of dripping oil.

OP
OP
Solidred

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those type of seals will always seep a small amount of oil. It typical to have a film of oil mist on the valve cover. They only need to be serviced if they’re leaking to the point of dripping oil.
As always appreciate your professional opinion. I’ll wipe up and monitor. What brought by attention was doing an oil change and doing a routine look for leaks. Was able to see dirty oil wet spot just under the AC compressor that I traced up to the solenoids.