GEN 2 Value of used shocks for gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomrh95

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I’m thinking of selling my used set of gen 2 shocks front and rear. I’m finding stuff online but nothing solid on the value. Anyone know what they can go for as is and also if I had them rebuilt then sold them?

Edit- they have 70,000 miles on them

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck?

I bought 17-18 Gen 2 rears for 400$ that were brand new.

And I've seen a full set of 19-20 Gen 2 live valve with less than 1000 miles on ebay for 1200.

OP
OP
T

thomrh95

Reaction score
What year is your truck?

I bought 17-18 Gen 2 rears for 400$ that were brand new.

And I've seen a full set of 19-20 Gen 2 live valve with less than 1000 miles on ebay for 1200.
Oh my, didn’t know it’d be that low, it’s an 18can’t really afford my truck being in blocks for a month while fox rebuilds my shocks so I thought of ordering a new set, then rebuilding these and selling them. But the née set from Ford is 3k. Not interested in the exchange programs so looks like I’ll have to suck it up and rebuild

thanks for the help

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no need to go to Ford for a new set of Fox shocks. I just went through the same process you are going through. I ended up purchasing the fronts from Rockauto.com for $800'ish and a the rears off ebay for $700. I'll send the old shocks out for a rebuild in about a year. When my new shocks are worn out, I'll swap them out and send in the new ones to get rebuilt. Having two sets of shocks prevents potential downtime.

Someone just listed their live valve shocks with the delete kit for $350 on this forum. That was a great deal but they were sold very very quick.

OP
OP
T

thomrh95

Reaction score
no need to go to Ford for a new set of Fox shocks. I just went through the same process you are going through. I ended up purchasing the fronts from Rockauto.com for $800'ish and a the rears off ebay for $700. I'll send the old shocks out for a rebuild in about a year. When my new shocks are worn out, I'll swap them out and send in the new ones to get rebuilt. Having two sets of shocks prevents potential downtime.

Someone just listed their live valve shocks with the delete kit for $350 on this forum. That was a great deal but they were sold very very quick.
Nice, so what’s the deal with fords pricing vs 3rd party? Seems odd that others can sell new shocks so low

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the price you are getting quoted “installed?” Lots of places to buy OEM on the internet. You do the installation yourself, you will save a lot of money

OP
OP
T

thomrh95

Reaction score
Is the price you are getting quoted “installed?” Lots of places to buy OEM on the internet. You do the installation yourself, you will save a lot of money
I didn’t mention installation to the dealer and they didn’t say anything about it being in the quote so I have no clue

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price difference between internet and the dealership, aka stealership, is due to marking up their prices in order to improve margins. After all, someone has to pay for the building, the multiple managers, free drinks, and their attitude.

If you are a little handy with tools, it just takes time to install them yourself.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Sold my 2018 shocks front and rear with 75k miles for $800 cash. Replaced them with some brand new Live-Valve take-offs that I purchased for $800 shipped to my door. Had to buy the delete kit too so add another $200.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also do the exchange program for rebuilds with Texas Shock Works. After the return of the core charge it's about $1000 with shaft refinishing.