Value of our raptors after v8 debut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, it'll be a badass starbucks-mobile and looks like it'll be ok for doing mild, slow offroad stuff. Will make a great DD. My trucks have three or four objectives: pull big loads long distances, raptoring (proper medium speed desert running), DD, road trips to places where i can raptor or otherwise camp, kayak, MTB, and do outdoorsy stuff. The Rivan will excel for DDing and be decent for kayaking & MTB transport, but it can't desert run, and can't do what my dirtymax does. For now, no place in my garage for it, but if they put a proper raptor equivalent suspension under it, I'd give one a very serious look. The remaining issue is I'd have to get over the range as I like road tripping my rap.

For a lot of raptor guys, depending on the price, it's going to be a compelling option.

I think that we are about to see big changes in the auto industry. My first thought when I read that rivian article was I wonder if you can put on some fox shocks. It sounds like the battery is huge and sits low under the truck. My second thought was I wonder how it jumps with that trunk in the front. It might just do a back flip. My 3rd thought was about those toy Traxxas trucks. I hear that the electric ones will smoke the nitro ones now. I have a feeling that our future raptors will sound more like electric golf carts. I told my Tesla driving friend that I want A new Shelby gt500 and he said I’ll race ya.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that we are about to see big changes in the auto industry. My first thought when I read that rivian article was I wonder if you can put on some fox shocks. It sounds like the battery is huge and sits low under the truck. My second thought was I wonder how it jumps with that trunk in the front. It might just do a back flip. My 3rd thought was about those toy Traxxas trucks. I hear that the electric ones will smoke the nitro ones now. I have a feeling that our future raptors will sound more like electric golf carts. I told my Tesla driving friend that I want A new Shelby gt500 and he said I’ll race ya.

Your buddy will beat you to the 1000' marker, but after one lap around the circuit, his Tesla will overheat and go into limp mode. There is a video of Nisan Leaf trouncing a Model S on the track because the Tesla goes into limp mode when driven hard.

As for an electric truck driven offroad, it is one thing to have 300 miles of range in the city, but put that thing in the dirt and you will be lucky to get 100. Every time I take my raptor offroad, the range calculation goes into freefall as soon as I leave the pavement.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only newly added features/options for 2020... f*#$ing automatic headlights, lead foot gray paint color, & rapid red paint color. The most overhyped vehicle release ever. [emoji849]

No wonder Ford didn’t have any press release before hand, they didn’t have anything to cover...issa 2019. [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only newly added features/options for 2020... f*#$ing automatic headlights, lead foot gray paint color, & rapid red paint color. The most overhyped vehicle release ever. [emoji849]

No wonder Ford didn’t have any press release before hand, they didn’t have anything to cover...issa 2019. [emoji58]

They already have auto dimming headlamps. And they actually work really well.

Sam

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your buddy will beat you to the 1000' marker, but after one lap around the circuit, his Tesla will overheat and go into limp mode. There is a video of Nisan Leaf trouncing a Model S on the track because the Tesla goes into limp mode when driven hard.

As for an electric truck driven offroad, it is one thing to have 300 miles of range in the city, but put that thing in the dirt and you will be lucky to get 100. Every time I take my raptor offroad, the range calculation goes into freefall as soon as I leave the pavement.

I don't disagree but tech changes so quickly these days. This video was interesting.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They already have auto dimming headlamps. And they actually work really well.

Sam
2e11e7daa8a84e6583538cfdbb71aa21.jpg

I’m just going off this 2020 order guide I picked up today. That star next to the line item means “new for this model year”, so idk...maybe it’s revamped. [emoji2375]

Edit: Or I’m an idiot & it reads Auto High Beams [emoji854] which is s feature I typically turn off on all of my vehicles.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2e11e7daa8a84e6583538cfdbb71aa21.jpg

I’m just going off this 2020 order guide I picked up today. That star next to the line item means “new for this model year”, so idk...maybe it’s revamped. [emoji2375]

Edit: Or I’m an idiot & it reads Auto High Beams [emoji854] which is s feature I typically turn off on all of my vehicles.

I see that. I know my 18 has auto dimming, so who knows what the "star" means.

Sam

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who over-hyped it? Not Ford. :)