Valentine 1, Direct-Wire Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I like to hardwire my V1s into a switched power source in my vehicles. It's a little more clean than a wire tap. Ideally, the power should come from an ignition switched source so that the V1 is off when the truck is locked/off, but it doesn't trip when the engine auto stop/start engages (super annoying BTW).

I have this kit from V1:

Any recommendations on what wire to tap in the ceiling cluster? Any photos or advice to share? I'm horrible at electrical work so it would need to be explained to an audience of 2nd-graders.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If you get a Blendmount and wiretap into the rear view, it's very clean and works well. For wire colors you have to tell us what year, they changed colors.

Last edited:

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Valentine 1, version 2, and used the blendmount and wiretap - as said, the best way to mount a radar detector.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use fuse #37. That is switched and does not shut the detector off during stop and start.