V8 Rumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rao26

Reaction score
The Predator sounds mean. Ford isn’t gonna pipe in engine sound on the R right? They already stopped doing that with the gen 3 I thought.

OP
OP
R

rao26

Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything? What kind of psycho would even care? I love V8’s and would seriously consider the R. I love Ford trucks. I have 4 Fords that I use for work. The only thing that gives me pause on the gen3 is the possibility of piped in sound. I thought the trombone thing eliminated the need though. I’m hoping someone knows regarding the R. 750+ horsepower would be hard to pass up.

OP
OP
R

rao26

Reaction score
No I didn’t think that. I wanted to make sure they weren’t going to pipe in any noise. Thanks for answering my question though. I genuinely thought the equal length exhaust solved the sound issue. Turning it off is $20 well spent. Now I’m just wondering how they’ll beat the trx 0-60 with 37s. I’m assuming they’ll just do one heck of a tune to beat it by a few tenths of a second. That V8 was screaming in the desert video. A mustang with a predator came into my store recently and that thing rips.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn’t think that. I wanted to make sure they weren’t going to pipe in any noise. Thanks for answering my question though. I genuinely thought the equal length exhaust solved the sound issue. Turning it off is $20 well spent. Now I’m just wondering how they’ll beat the trx 0-60 with 37s. I’m assuming they’ll just do one heck of a tune to beat it by a few tenths of a second. That V8 was screaming in the desert video. A mustang with a predator came into my store recently and that thing rips.

So, you have met the resident yo-yos that have an ecoboost hard-on. The R stands on its own and won’t need the piped in sound. The eco 6 needed the piped in sound so that customers would not complain. It was a poor effort because they complained about reliability problems in the eco. Cam phasers mainly since that really bit ford across all eco vehicles. The R fixes everything and gives owners that feeling of comfort that the 6.2 Raptor provided.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Disregard Nassty.He is an ecoboost hard-on to support his poor purchase. He, smurfslayer, and fordattechone will cry squatch on ANY ecofart naysayer. So, lesson learned to disregard those kool aid fanboys. Anyone listening to them will be out of their life savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.