Using A CO2 Tank to Quickly Inflate Tires, Operate Air Tools & More

Discussion in 'Off-Roading Your Raptor' started by MagicMtnDan, Sep 26, 2010.

1. ogdobber

ogdobber Full Access Member

Bought a $20 adapter to fill my avalanche backpack and another $10 gave me yet another tire fill option[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Micha likes this.
  2. Deezel

Deezel Full Access Member

3. WRCRaptor

WRCRaptor FRF Addict

I really like my new HPA systems high pressure air rig! No freeze up in below freezing temps and the regulator system has a nice pressure relief set up.

HPA site below

Home

BenBB and dkfc13 like this.
  4. Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1 FRF Addict

Jimster58,
    Farmers, offroad heavy equipment operators have been filling tires with a Calcium Chloride solution for decades. This salt solution prevents the tires from freezing in the winter. It is less corrosive than Sodium Chloride. CO2 in a tire with minimal moisture will have minimal impact. Even if the tire is filled to 75% with H20 and the pressure is topped off with CO2, it will be a very weak solution of carbonic acid...along the lines of soda water....

Eddie

5. dkfc13

dkfc13 HPA Systems LLC.

Eddie, there are a few difference between farm equipment and your raptor you might want to consider. Many farm impements, equipment etc... use bias tires with tubes (contents dont come in contact with the rim) vs our radials. Many also use steel wheels vs our aluminum and operate at much slower speeds than our trucks (speed generates heat) CO2 expands more than air with heat and can have additional effects (can send you a good article if you need some bathroom reading) when heated. The road also provides a higher coef of friction than most ag surfaces.

'Liquid' CO2 can also damage components like TPMS sensors and regulators. This can happen if the CO2 bottle is tipped or cold weather prevent the phase change from liquid to gas. CO2 can also experience B.L.E.V.E. (boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion) (another boring read) if the bottle were to rupture - something you dont have to worry about with air.

There are also some tire manufactures that void warranty when CO2 is used.

BenBB likes this.