Using A CO2 Tank to Quickly Inflate Tires, Operate Air Tools & More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I built a small 5# setup and used it once. Worked great, but where in PHOENIX do people get them filled?
TIA

My biggest disappointment with my Power Tank. Local CO2 joints take forever to fill them. It's not like trying to get your propane tank filled which can be done on any corner!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I would look for a paintball store to fill them or I'm sure you have a ***** sporting good store.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look for a paintball store to fill them or I'm sure you have a ***** sporting good store.

I do have a ***** Sporting goods not too far away. Didnt know they filled them. What PSI do they fill them to? I'll check out the local paint ball suppliers too. I went to a local liquor store that filled them for Kegerators, but they didnt fill them up to a very high pressure, and after one air up and it was empty.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
NICE! about how far does a bottle go? IOW, how much inflation do you get from a bottle?

Ok, assuming the bottle was "full" i got 2 tires from 30-50 and one 30-40.
With that being the case, I'm going to make a holder and have 4 24oz bottles behind the rear seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimster58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to think about what happens to CO2 when it comes into contact with water, then unprotected aluminum surfaces such as shock internals and wheels. It's not inert. Not to say that anything catastrophic would necessarily happen and it will serve it's purpose in a scenario where other options are more inconvenient, but I wouldn't want to have an avoidable resulting corrosion issue for the sake of convenience.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Otis857,
CO2 liquifies at around 850 pounds of pressure at around 70 degrees F. That is why a CO2 tank can fill so many more tires than the same sized Nitrogen tank. The pressure in the CO2 tank remains at 850 pounds, (at roughly 70 degrees F), until all of the CO2 converts back to the vapor state. Then the tank is empty.
Under colder temperatures OR HIGHER PRESSURES CO2 can be pressurized into the solid form...dry ice. It can convert to the vapor state at normal atmospheric pressures...(What other solid can go straight from the solid state to vapor without becoming a liquid first? Water!)

Eddie

Attachments

• phase_diagram_CO2.jpg
    phase_diagram_CO2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: