GEN 1 Used SVT Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DegenRaptor

DegenRaptor

Reaction score
Thank you all again for your input. I went ahead and checked out the truck earlier this morning. This thing is mint! The Interior is damn near spotless and the exterior has very minimal scratches and dings. The engine bay looks unmolested and it drives great. The owner also dropped the price a bit for me. I will be moving forward with the purchase and I hope to have it in my driveway by the end of the week! I can't wait to drive this thing around!! Any first mods/things I should check first?!

Shekkie2432

Reaction score
Congrats! Unless you are sure about maintenance history start from scratch with engine oil change, transmission/transfer case/differential services along with a coolant, brake fluid and power steering flush. That way you know what you are dealing with.

You are also due, as mentioned, for the plug swap. Give it a good looking over once you get it to see generally how everything looks underneath and touch it up accordingly.

Fuse 27 relocation as well.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll be that guy...

I would highly recommend utilizing the search feature as these exact questions have been asked time and time again. I think you’ll find more info using the search as some people may not be as vocal in answering the questions this 100th time around.

welcome to ownership I’m sure you’ll love it and go broke modding it... as we all seem to do... haha

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I were you; the spark plugs, wires, boots and new resister pellets; then move on to all drivetrain fluids, and maybe the Ujoints & yoke seals. Just a start and in no particular order unless you find it needing attention right away.
What are resister pellets, sounds like gerbil food?

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
What are resister pellets, sounds like gerbil food?
¿Ru being serious, or just messing w/me? They are the little gerbil looking pellet in the ignition coil. Unless he is getting a misfire and or a bad coil code, it’s still a good and easy replacement. The boots being that old get brittle and can split easily when you pull them to replace the plugs, and if you don’t catch it may cause electrical shorts, etc.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
¿Ru being serious, or just messing w/me? They are the little gerbil looking pellet in the ignition coil. Unless he is getting a misfire and or a bad coil code, it’s still a good and easy replacement. The boots being that old get brittle and can split easily when you pull them to replace the plugs, and if you don’t catch it may cause electrical shorts, etc.
I wasn’t messing with you, didn’t know you could replace pellets, thought it was plugs, wires and coils. Never heard of pellets, can’t be the only dummy on the forum. LOL, I come from a place if you don’t know something, ASK, otherwise , how you going to join the smart guys :Big Laugh:

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I wasn’t messing with you, didn’t know you could replace pellets, thought it was plugs, wires and coils. Never heard of pellets, can’t be the only dummy on the forum. LOL, I come from a place if you don’t know something, ASK, otherwise , how you going to join the smart guys :Big Laugh:
No problemo, my a Canuke brother…and like Mr. Porter mentioned, search and you shall find these and other maintenance threads. My tips were made as a starter set of easy things to work on for the DIY and save himself a little mullah. 797379DE-A8EF-466F-9A88-6665F5400D54.jpeg