Used Raptor, Problems or repairs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor noobie here, or maybe soon to be. Long story short, my Dodge is on it way out and i'm looking at Raptors. The potential purchase is a 2010 Stock 6.2l for sale with 42k miles for $36k, it's a dealer, its been there for 2-3 months.

i haven't seen it yet but i want to find out what i should look at for potential problems when i do look at it?

At 42k what should i be looking at to be replaced, Brakes, new tires, battery??
How long does the Fox suspension last, what is the price for repairing or replacing these. Are the 2010's a first year bomb like some cars?

More info would be helpful.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Alot of people say 2010 was the best year for the raptor. And it depends how the truck was used. Are there any suspension mods? This would determine how it was used. The stock shocks need to be rebuilt every

- 1000 miles - Offroad only
- 10000 miles - on and offroad
- 50000 miles - on road only

A good look over will tell you lots of things. When it comes down to it, alot of things on the Raptor are things you would find on another vehicle. So it's a good idea to look at service records, check the tires/brakes/fluids.

And if you want some encouragement....

GET IT! You won't regret it! My raptor has 82k miles on it and still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Apart from snapping my axle shaft this year at Raptoberfest, all I've done on it is routine maintenance and modifications. It's been very reliable.

OP
OP
R

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the info, much appreciated.

How do i know if the suspension is good, obviously look for oil leaks etc etc. But as far a driving it, just look out for bump steer or bottoming out, to much bounce??

What model are the fox shox for 2010, I want to research rebuild price?

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my previous 2010 had the heated seats burn out, hard shift from 2nd to 1st. I replaced the AC compressor, and whatever controlled the space you wanted heat/cool air sent. Loved it enough that i sold it and purchase a 2013

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main problem I found with my 2011, and now my 2014, is that I don't want to stop driving it. Especially since I put a SW exhaust on it, it's a blast. I had to go buy a used Grand Cherokee to help keep the garbage miles off it.