Used prices rising on Gen 1s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My coworker was trying to talk shit about my old Raptor 2010, with almost 90,000 miles vs his a few year newer ram with 60,000 miles .We looked up the NADA prices . He was shocked my older truck with more miles was worth $10,000 more than his newer ram.

Ram trucks are for people with ****** credit lol!

Pk64f100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my 11 SCREW for $20k with 160,000 miles one owner not abused and all maintenance was performed at dealership the original owner purchased truck from and dealership he traded in on new 19 Raptor. I am very pleased and truck runs great love it. I will be painting and minor body work as needed cab corner along with cleaning and treating frame / undercarriage. I am swapping out any wiring, belts, hoses and anything that needs to be kept up since I plan on keeping it for many years as my off road, fishing and have fun truck I really like the truck and would have no issue replacing power train as needed. I have always wanted a gen 1 and time was right so for me $20k was not bad price.

57066B79-C4A9-44CB-88BC-EF9E1FBCAD86.jpeg

8C25E2C7-887F-49D0-8F4A-75716FD5CB1F.jpeg

88398D26-CDB4-4593-9EA3-3C36DB21CE0B.jpeg

C7939C96-5433-410F-B1AD-4059520B49EE.jpeg

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I look at the Gen 1s being sold just like in RealEstate sales of unique homes, very few of if any comparables and the actual true value and “selling price” sale and the “true sold prices” are set by the buyers.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends how you look at it. If you are buying from a dealership then that is definitely a good price for a '14 out the door. I think you got a deal especially, if you compare it to the private prices. This truck is the only vehicle I've ever seen where the private sellers are asking for more money than dealerships; and I'm talking about an extra $5k to $8k. I don't understand it, but if they can get people to pay their price, more power to them.

I think one of the reasons for this is due to the modifications. A guy who has $8-10k extra in the truck is going to ask more. And honestly dealers are notorious for not giving anything for extras.

I know I would ask a lot more than book for mine with the botecs, wrap, bumper, several thousand in lights, suspension (f&f springs, shackles, shocks) engine and exhaust mods, wheels and tires, etc. I wouldn’t want to trade it (unless I stripped it) cause they wouldn’t give me squat

its easy in an add to overlook a lot of that and focus on the year, mileage, and price

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for sure, I looked around and made sure I found something reasonable. this vehicle is also CPO with a b2b till next year and powertrain till 2121 so I feel like at 39k I got a little extra. already in equity is nice lol.

Till 2121?! Damn that’s a lifetime powertrain warranty for you and whomever you will it to and whomever they will it to. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lobzila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing no one has mentioned on this thread is its a numbers game on all the Raptors. They are SVT vehicles made by Ford. Ford builds roughly 500K F-150's every year. In 2013, Ford built 22k Raptors, or roughly 4.6% of its product line were Raptors. Of the 22K Raptors, 2300 were SCAB's, about 10%. Its kind of like the Hemi Cuda of the late 60's. Look at any collector car and the ones from your youth that are bringing the most money are the completely stock ones. Unless you trash and butcher your Raptor, its going to hold its value and go up in the future. I plan on adding the Rousch blower to mine and the Ford performance exhaust in the future and switch over to the HID headlights, but that's it on mods for me. I plan on driving until I can't drive anymore. The Gen I Raptor also made Haggertys instant collectible list to boot.