Used market remains strong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they are big in the Bronco market. Put some wheels and tires on the Plat and I am sure you will be happy with it. It is an old man's truck though. Chrome, Chrome, Bling Bling

Yes I agree. I’m not a fan of all the chrome for sure. It’s actually the reason I ordered a silver truck so it kind of blends in. Not sure why you have to have chrome wheels on these trucks either so those will get powder coated. I was guessing the exact wheel size had something to do with the max tow package. Honestly if I can’t get my truck in the next couple months I may jump to the new Denali ultimate. I like the interior a lot, supposed to have a great tow package (and autopilot like feature with towing) and they are doing a new Black chrome which is more my style.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I agree. I’m not a fan of all the chrome for sure. It’s actually the reason I ordered a silver truck so it kind of blends in. Not sure why you have to have chrome wheels on these trucks either so those will get powder coated. I was guessing the exact wheel size had something to do with the max tow package. Honestly if I can’t get my truck in the next couple months I may jump to the new Denali ultimate. I like the interior a lot, supposed to have a great tow package (and autopilot like feature with towing) and they are doing a new Black chrome which is more my style.

True, the Power Boost is a good option as well. I have seen one of them with bigger tires and they look good plus tow a lot and get great MPGs. I like the new Pro 4x Nissan options as well, Titan and Frontier. Although my wife says I look like Sherk getting out of a smaller mid sized truck.

The Trail Boss package looks like a good option as well.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I haven’t seen your new SD. Did you do another Carli kit with 37s?
doing Icon's kit with carli sway, carli leaf packs and camburg radius arms. Still waiting on the icon kit. (since june) If it doesnt come soon, I'm going to go with one of the new carli eclick kits.

I'll stick with 37s on it.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I expect itll be around 20mpg with the tires if I dont regear it. the 10 speed is a big upgrade from the 6spd trucks that got worse mileage.

I would expect it to get 16.545671 while empty loaded and 6-8 mpg when you haul stuff put a tuner on it and you could maybe improve it by .1876543657 percent.

and yeah, I remember a dude in Ford service complaining about his Power Stroke getting bad gas mileage. I told him my 3 liter diesel F150 got 28mpg and he said it was something his wife would drive. I was like then shut up for spending 160 bucks on a tank of gas and your mid teens mileage. However, that 1000 ft lbs makes you feel more like a man in some way. Oh the Raptor is still faster than the Power Strokers without a tune.

CDissing

Reaction score
Yes, I know I about laughed my local dealer out when they sold a Gen 2 2019 Raptor with 27k miles for 75 thousand. I realize what the used market is and it effects all specialty vehicles. They all sell for stupid money unless you try to trade them in. The F250 is just someones pee pee contest as they are not comfortable, get horrible gas mileage, cost 3-5 times to maintain and rack up miles like a pin ball machine. All the while depreciating at 15-20k per year. At least you can say I have a 1000 ft lbs. of torque. Very few buyers of the Super duty actually use them for what they are intended which is haul stuff.

I am holding on to my 2018 Gen 2 which I gave 57k for with 20 thousand miles early in 2020. The market is just to crazy until Hyper inflation gets under control. With supply issues and the continued pandemic issues, I feel like things will never come back around. If I want to buy a new truck then I will order something new. That is the only way to get what you want.

I asked them if they are paying cash for these trucks and they laughed said banks approve them. I was like okay when interest rates rise which they will and this crap comes tumbling down which it will. It will be EPIC.
Sheesh. 57k with 20k miles is insane. I just paid 61k for a 18’ with 67k miles. It does every option they made (802A) clear film on front, door edges, and rocker panels, icon level kit, fuel wheels with nitto, leer tri-fold bed cover, rigid lights in fog area, and not a scratch or ding. That said, my extremely loaded AT4 gmc was traded in at $5k more than cost including my Les Schwab lift, wheels and tires. So yes crazy market right now and sounds like you beat the rush. So I paid basically MSRP for the truck when new 3 yrs. later and many miles, but with a few add ons that during a normal market doesn’t usually add $.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sheesh. 57k with 20k miles is insane. I just paid 61k for a 18’ with 67k miles. It does every option they made (802A) clear film on front, door edges, and rocker panels, icon level kit, fuel wheels with nitto, leer tri-fold bed cover, rigid lights in fog area, and not a scratch or ding. That said, my extremely loaded AT4 gmc was traded in at $5k more than cost including my Les Schwab lift, wheels and tires. So yes crazy market right now and sounds like you beat the rush. So I paid basically MSRP for the truck when new 3 yrs. later and many miles, but with a few add ons that during a normal market doesn’t usually add $.

which is why I still have it fully loaded 802A with sunroof which I didn't want, rolling up on 39k miles shortly and will need new tires but still nicer than 99 percent of trucks on the road. Right now a lot cheaper to ride on. I still want to order a new Bronco but can't justify it until they release the fully EV version.

Last edited: