Used Gen 3 market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LCFarmRaptor

Reaction score
A loaded 37 MSRP (plus destination charge) is about 83k. Add in the state tax on the purchase and you are already 88k ish. 90k is hardly a windfall for a private party to resell.

OP
OP
tank_jh

tank_jh

Reaction score
A loaded 37 MSRP (plus destination charge) is about 83k. Add in the state tax on the purchase and you are already 88k ish. 90k is hardly a windfall for a private party to resell.

The other comment was on a loaded 35, $74.9k I believe was the sticker price (he covered it up for some reason). The guy listed it for $94.9k.

For reference:

And I'm not calling the guy out or anything. If he can make $20k more power to him. I'm just interested to know how many people/dealers are actually making the $10-20k.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure many, many dealers are getting the ADM they are asking. All you have to do is look here with somewhat informed members stating flat out they are willing to or already have paid ADM.

in 2018 I bought a 2019 Platinum for close to 10k under MSRP. It’s just totally crazy now we are conditioned to think at MSRP is a good deal. I just got my Gen3 at MSRP and am happy I did, but I wouldn’t look to sell it if someone offered me 20k more than I paid. I love the truck and need it. What am I going to get, an Escape, a Prius? My 2020 Raptor I traded in the dealer is asking over sticker with 28k miles.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imho, the best deal you can hope for is ordering a new one with a dealer that does MSRP. That way you are the first owner and you don't need to buy a truck with unwanted & expensive options..

Now unfortunately, you are way to late for the MY2022 trucks, as all MSRP dealers that I ever talked to are already overbooked with orders, so maybe you can get in line to be among the first orders, when their MY2023 orders start..
The ever remaining problems: 1) Will the dealers honor MSRP pricing, once the truck is really there? 2) Will they ever actually schedule your order, if there are maybe other ADM order in the system by the time they get let's say 3 allocation for 10 open orders?

..I have 2 orders open and I'm on the waiting list for the Raptor R with 3 dealers.. but I also ordered a Rivian R1T and I have a feeling that this startup might be delivering before Ford and the dealers get their things together..
Ordering the Rivian was so easy. Website, config, order, 1k refundable deposit, done. Now I'm getting transparent updates on estimated delivery month (Nov 2022) and that's it..
No BS talk with sales, no feeling of unfair treatment or overpaying.. Ford still has a competitive product, even with the EVs around, but the overall customer experience is just mind-blowing bad.
imho, the best deal you can hope for is ordering a new one with a dealer that does MSRP. That way you are the first owner and you don't need to buy a truck with unwanted & expensive options..

Now unfortunately, you are way to late for the MY2022 trucks, as all MSRP dealers that I ever talked to are already overbooked with orders, so maybe you can get in line to be among the first orders, when their MY2023 orders start..
The ever remaining problems: 1) Will the dealers honor MSRP pricing, once the truck is really there? 2) Will they ever actually schedule your order, if there are maybe other ADM order in the system by the time they get let's say 3 allocation for 10 open orders?

..I have 2 orders open and I'm on the waiting list for the Raptor R with 3 dealers.. but I also ordered a Rivian R1T and I have a feeling that this startup might be delivering before Ford and the dealers get their things together..
Ordering the Rivian was so easy. Website, config, order, 1k refundable deposit, done. Now I'm getting transparent updates on estimated delivery month (Nov 2022) and that's it..
No BS talk with sales, no feeling of unfair treatment or overpaying.. Ford still has a competitive product, even with the EVs around, but the overall customer experience is just mind-blowing bad.
George Soros is an investor in Rivian, he said it is a great vehicle.