Used Gen 3 market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tank_jh

Reaction score
Has anyone here sold their Gen 3 on the used market or anyone purchased a used Gen 3 yet? I see the general price to be around mid $90k give or take some extreme examples into the $100ks. I just want to know if people are actually paying that or are sellers actually getting it? The ones I see for sale seem to not really be moving but most seem to agree that is where the market for them is. Are transactions actually taking place at this level or is this just internet hype?

Trying to understand if these lofty prices will get more people to try and flip their trucks once they actually arrive. I have a 2022 on order but if there end up being a decent number of used 2021s on the market in the coming months hunting for a big payout, I'm thinking a deal or two might be able to be found in that market. Thoughts?

NasT-Rap

Reaction score
There was a used one in Granbury, TX for around $90k and to my knowledge it was sold, but I do not personally have confirmation.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
There was There was a 2021 code Orange 37" package with 360 miles on sale for I believe $90,000.00 listed today on Facebook. Stated he was selling because the wife was bad.

OP
OP
tank_jh

tank_jh

Reaction score
There was There was a 2021 code Orange 37" package with 360 miles on sale for I believe $90,000.00 listed today on Facebook. Stated he was selling because the wife was bad.

I know the truck. Its only a 35. He traded in his 2018 for it earlier this week and is looking to flip the one he just got. He got destroyed in the comments section, as was expected, but doesn't look like there's much for leads on it.

I was actually at a dealer this morning in Wisconsin and had a shot at a 2021 35 801A Code Orange at MSRP but they took off what they were planning on doing for ADM off my trade in and then would not budge on $3k in "required" scotch guard protection. I was really close to getting one but refuse to pay for air. That does tell me there is a decent amount of wiggle room happening behind the scenes even in the new retail space.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auction for a pretty basic 801a, sold at 88k:

Ebay auctions for various ones, also sold at 89k and south:

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People don't like the prices and don't buy (like me)

Other people don't care and just buy..

OP
OP
tank_jh

tank_jh

Reaction score
People don't like the prices and don't buy (like me)

Other people don't care and just buy..

Completely agree, my only curiosity here is, when is the time to start hunting for a deal? I have called so many dealers in the past few months I'm just sick of hearing their nonsense but at some point, there's going to be deals to made and that's what I want to get in on.

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely agree, my only curiosity here is, when is the time to start hunting for a deal? I have called so many dealers in the past few months I'm just sick of hearing their nonsense but at some point, there's going to be deals to made and that's what I want to get in on.
imho, the best deal you can hope for is ordering a new one with a dealer that does MSRP. That way you are the first owner and you don't need to buy a truck with unwanted & expensive options..

Now unfortunately, you are way to late for the MY2022 trucks, as all MSRP dealers that I ever talked to are already overbooked with orders, so maybe you can get in line to be among the first orders, when their MY2023 orders start..
The ever remaining problems: 1) Will the dealers honor MSRP pricing, once the truck is really there? 2) Will they ever actually schedule your order, if there are maybe other ADM order in the system by the time they get let's say 3 allocation for 10 open orders?

..I have 2 orders open and I'm on the waiting list for the Raptor R with 3 dealers.. but I also ordered a Rivian R1T and I have a feeling that this startup might be delivering before Ford and the dealers get their things together..
Ordering the Rivian was so easy. Website, config, order, 1k refundable deposit, done. Now I'm getting transparent updates on estimated delivery month (Nov 2022) and that's it..
No BS talk with sales, no feeling of unfair treatment or overpaying.. Ford still has a competitive product, even with the EVs around, but the overall customer experience is just mind-blowing bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir