GEN 2 Used Gen 2 Pricing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou20UCD

Reaction score
Question for the long-time Raptor owners. I'm in the market for a Gen 2 Raptor (I know my timing couldn't be worse) and I'm trying to figure out just how bad the used Raptor pricing is. I've seen a lot of folks who purchased new with a discount. Now I'm mostly curious what a used Raptor would normally be discounted off the MSRP? Even if I can find a 2019 lightly used at MSRP for ~$73k, just how much am I getting hosed here? And to compound matters, I'm based in California, so it's a double whammy.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Basil S2K

Reaction score
i bought a 2019 in late Feb, paid more than i wanted (71K) but glad i did it. Maybe find one you want someplace else and ship it?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they’re about 5-10k more now than last summer. For a 1yr old truck you’ll probably end up paying MSRP. For a 2 yr old one maybe a little less. Buy a mountain bike and wait 6 months. The market will calm down by the end of the year.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they’re about 5-10k more now than last summer. For a 1yr old truck you’ll probably end up paying MSRP. For a 2 yr old one maybe a little less. Buy a mountain bike and wait 6 months. The market will calm down by the end of the year.
I’m seeing around a $10k premium even on 19s. There is no compelling reason for me to get a Gen2 at these current asking prices. Going to look to get a Gen3 even at MSRP is a much much better deal. I am in no hurry though and can wait to see how things shake out. You do have the CA factor to deal with.

OP
OP
L

Lou20UCD

Reaction score
Some interesting responses. I'm seeing prices stagnate a bit and interestingly enough, I've had three dealers call me in the last 24-hours asking if I was still in the market and looking for me to make an offer. As of last weekend, the dealers were holding pretty firm. I wonder if they're hearing those Gen 3's might be getting a little closer?

:hmmm2:

My other consideration is my current car is also receiving a nice price on trade-in value. So as Raptors come down, I might end up trading dollars between the two. Pay to play indeed.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When will they start making the Gen III's? I thought I read a few days ago that production of all F150s was still on hold indefinitely.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re making plenty. They just have to park them until the parts they can’t get start coming in. Microprocessors (automotive type) are tough to get right now. They’re building trucks without certain modules and parking them until that stuff starts flowing again. Can’t sell them until supply chain opens up. It’ll start easing late summer and be much better by the end of the year.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2017 with 29k miles for 51K in April of 2020
Trade in is around 61K right now.
Plan is to capitalize on this inflation and sell when my Gen 3 gets here. Have a dealer selling at MSRP. In my eyes i flip it around to "got to drive my current raptor for free and am getting a gen 3 10K under sticker."