Used Fox 3.0's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ss2nv

Reaction score
So if you are buying used Fox 3.0's is there a way to tell what year they are or version or if they are the latest to be out? Also, when they are shipped out new how do you have the rears set?

Thanks

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Externally there is no difference. On some the rebound tube is Luger from the earlier years. You can also check the hat. If it's aluminum they are more tHan a year old since the cro-Molly rev started right around this time last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1ss2nv

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell between the 2 metals? I assume they are both colored black so it would be hard to tell that way? Thanks

FOX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So if you are buying used Fox 3.0's is there a way to tell what year they are or version or if they are the latest to be out? Also, when they are shipped out new how do you have the rears set?

Thanks

Where the shock shaft goes into the body you will find a black aluminum cap. On this cap the part number and the job number is printed. Email [email protected] this exact question with the part number and job number and they will tell you the build date. Include the specific information you are wanting to know about the shocks.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put a magnet to it. If it sticks it's iron based ie chromoly. If it doesn't it's aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1ss2nv

Reaction score
Fox, how do you have the rears set up when you ship out new 3.0's for the raptor? Just want to get a starting point for when I start messing with the setup.
Thanks

FOX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fox, how do you have the rears set up when you ship out new 3.0's for the raptor? Just want to get a starting point for when I start messing with the setup.
Thanks

Long Compression Tube | 2.25 turns open
Short Compression Tube | 2.25 turns open
Rebound Tube | 3.00 turns open