Used FORSCAN now Wrench light. HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1SicRap

1SicRap

Reaction score
Quick update ... I decided to not turn on or move there truck for the last 2 days to take it to the dealer this morning .....turned it on this morning and No more wrench or error codes . Idk what happen but they are gone .
Still took it to the dealer and they are booked today so Will take it tomorrow to reflash the computer just in case.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
as others have said...do a back up of your as built settings

commit 1 change at a time...test it....then move on to the other changes.

if you screw something up, you can easily back out that change when doing 1 at a time. vs trying to figure out Wich change messed things up if you do multiple changes at a time.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
^^^^
This.

I didn’t have a windows laptop at the time so I bought the originally recommended, inexpensive tablet. Although it worked, the screen was small and resolution not the best ... difficult to read would be an understatement.
So I ended up doing one of the mods wrong - I think it was Lincoln mirrors but who knows now. Fortunately, I hand wrote the originals down and was able to revert back. Got a magnifying glass and found my mistake.

Also, once you have your changes, and confirm they all work and no ill side effects, another backup isn’t a bad idea.

OP
OP
1SicRap

1SicRap

Reaction score
^^^^
This.

I didn’t have a windows laptop at the time so I bought the originally recommended, inexpensive tablet. Although it worked, the screen was small and resolution not the best ... difficult to read would be an understatement.
So I ended up doing one of the mods wrong - I think it was Lincoln mirrors but who knows now. Fortunately, I hand wrote the originals down and was able to revert back. Got a magnifying glass and found my mistake.

Also, once you have your changes, and confirm they all work and no ill side effects, another backup isn’t a bad idea.

are you guys still using the cheat sheet with codes, or changing the setting via the new forscan way ?

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I use the old ways. It’s worked for Sicilians for a thousand years.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as others have said...do a back up of your as built settings

commit 1 change at a time...test it....then move on to the other changes.

if you screw something up, you can easily back out that change when doing 1 at a time. vs trying to figure out Wich change messed things up if you do multiple changes at a time.
Wise words right there ! This practice should be used anytime you do ANY type of mod, engine, suspension ect…
Glad you’re getting it worked out though

smurfslayer

Reaction score

In the beginning of that thread is the how to, online docs, etc.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2015-2020 spreadsheet