Used FORSCAN now Wrench light. HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeap, you have certainly done somethong wrong, forscan is easy to use, but you have to stay focus in order to avoid stupide mistake. Also , the first thing to do when you connect for the fisrt time is to record your truck 's factory configuration, save in a specific file all the "as built format". Plenty of good video on you tube to help you how doing.. No doubt you will manage to come back !

OP
OP
1SicRap

1SicRap

Reaction score
yeap, you have certainly done somethong wrong, forscan is easy to use, but you have to stay focus in order to avoid stupide mistake. Also , the first thing to do when you connect for the fisrt time is to record your truck 's factory configuration, save in a specific file all the "as built format". Plenty of good video on you tube to help you how doing.. No doubt you will manage to come back !
Yeah .. I think it might the the cable .. is it normal for it to start going hay-wire as soon as u plug in the obdii?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Are you pulling the cable before ignition cycling, to commit the change?

after committing the code change via Forscan, you need to cycle the ignition 1x. After that, you should shut down, then remove the cable.

OP
OP
1SicRap

1SicRap

Reaction score
Are you pulling the cable before ignition cycling, to commit the change?

after committing the code change via Forscan, you need to cycle the ignition 1x. After that, you should shut down, then remove the cable.
I do Ignition cycle . But I don't remove cable every time .

But as soon as the cable is plugged into the ObII it's starts to notify me of check
Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
Hill Descent Control Fault Warning
Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning
Hill Start Assist Warning
.etc all the errors including the Wrench Icon . And immediately on Forscan the DtC are back after clearing them

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do Ignition cycle . But I don't remove cable every time .

But as soon as the cable is plugged into the ObII it's starts to notify me of check
Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
Hill Descent Control Fault Warning
Restraints Indicator Lamp Warning
Hill Start Assist Warning
.etc all the errors including the Wrench Icon . And immediately on Forscan the DtC are back after clearing them
Are you plugging it in with the ignition off? If it only sets the faults when the adapter is plugged in that’s a indication that the adapter is bad and is affecting network communication.

OP
OP
1SicRap

1SicRap

Reaction score
Are you plugging it in with the ignition off? If it only sets the faults when the adapter is plugged in that’s a indication that the adapter is bad and is affecting network communication.
Well as soon as inconnect the adapter and turn the ignition on , without plugging into my PC . The errors begin to notify .

Once I open Forscan all the DTC populate
and the wrench icon stays on after I reset everything .

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well as soon as inconnect the adapter and turn the ignition on , without plugging into my PC . The errors begin to notify .

Once I open Forscan all the DTC populate
and the wrench icon stays on after I reset everything .

Sounds like an adapter issue for sure.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, starting to sound like your obd2 adapter. Good luck!