Used 2019 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheHomieMiggs

Reaction score
Looking at buying a used Raptor, lowest priced around, I want to haggle and try to get it lower, but I was wondering what do you guys usually spend on oil changes if you do get them done by someone else other then yourself? Common issues?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a used Raptor, lowest priced around, I want to haggle and try to get it lower, but I was wondering what do you guys usually spend on oil changes if you do get them done by someone else other then yourself? Common issues?
Common issue could be then over-tightening the oil filter and stripping/losing the skid plate bolts.
Its 6qts exactly so its hard to mess that up.

I usually do it myself cause i like checking out everything underneath myself while im down there. Its how i found my front axle seal was leaking and got it done under warranty, had i not seen it may still be there.

OP
OP
T

TheHomieMiggs

Reaction score
Welcome. There’s a ton of information on these forums to browse through. Ford Quick Lane has “The Works” oil change package as slow as $39.99 in some areas.

Be sure to get maintenance history on the truck. There may be a reason the price is so low.
Thank you for the insight, yeah I looked at the Carfax but obviously that doesn't always tell the story. The toyota dealership it was at, 50k listed on the site but when I got there tried to sticker sell it to me at 53k while I luckily had the screenshot. But I will def look closer to the maintenance when I go back tomorrow if its still there.

OP
OP
T

TheHomieMiggs

Reaction score
Common issue could be then over-tightening the oil filter and stripping/losing the skid plate bolts.
Its 6qts exactly so its hard to mess that up.

I usually do it myself cause i like checking out everything underneath myself while im down there. Its how i found my front axle seal was leaking and got it done under warranty, had i not seen it may still be there.
I appreciate it, for that aspect I am considering possibly doing the oil changes myself especially if its an exact amount like that.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
There’s a Pavement Princess available in Vegas. Never been Off-Road except in the Rocks at Bucks ;)
I will throw in a KE Recovery Rope and a set of MaxTrax in case you’re meeting any TRD Boys at Bucks ;) $59,469.00
If you act soon, I can also inc a Matching Shovel :)
**NOTE: THIS IS THE LIMITED ADDITION “HYBRID” #1 of only 500 made! ;)EBA0A703-D835-4DDE-AD94-84409C14A361.jpeg56C1A5C2-5BF3-4CC1-9685-EDB7B39884B6.jpeg490BD3EB-F3D4-4AD3-B6A0-3A1D7E99DD01.jpeg9ACDCA03-B458-43CF-8A42-5B3CA0923F45.jpegAF927C92-69AD-49C0-AF00-531FE9CFCB8A.jpeg
PM me for more info

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I appreciate it, for that aspect I am considering possibly doing the oil changes myself especially if its an exact amount like that.

It’s not expensive, but can be a little messy as a result of the skid plates and a little more time consuming. But, you can do it at home because there’s ample ground clearance.

Honestly, I pipe the routine service out on the Rap. I have 2 bikes and a side by side, lawn tractor and various chores.

Nolo0125

Reaction score
I bought my 19 Raptor for 58K with 49K miles. It had every option except recaros and included a bakflip, 20” fuel wheels and 35” tires almost brand new. Pull the Carfax report and tell them to show you the build sheet. Mine was almost 76K. Check to make sure cam phasers were done and when. Mine also had the unintended tailgate opening fixed. Love my truck and will probably keep it a long time. Just outfitted it to be flat towed behind our RV so we can get into the mountains when traveling.