Use Your Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heinz

Reaction score
Just thought I’d share a couple good experiences I had with my 3y/36,000 warranty recently.

I bought my 2018 SCREW used early this year. The truck was very well cared for, but had two small blemishes on the interior. The first was some wear on the red stripe on the steering wheel, and the second was some chipping on the grey plastic trim on the driver side door handle. Both were small and seemed like normal wear and tear from the prior owner, but they were large enough to bother me.

Well, I took the truck in for an oil change and asked the dealer if warranty would cover those blemishes. He checked on it and sure enough, ordered up a new steering wheel and door handle at no cost to me. I was really pleasantly surprised by this, and frankly it makes me a lot happier with my truck (and with Ford).

If anyone else has these types of small issues, doesn’t hurt to ask if they can be covered before your warranty’s up.

Johnny@Hammerbuilt

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Facts, my 18 platinum had its steering wheel changed twice in 6k miles for fading HEAVILY. Fortunately my 19 raptor has the oem wheel but i vinyl wrapped the red stripe orange and its stuck for almost 7k now.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
200.gif

svt10th

Reaction score
I need to take mine in for the red stripe fade on the steering wheel. I have a feeling they are going to make me use my extended warranty to get $100 out of me lol