Usb socket on top dash install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

StrengthNSpeed

Has anyone installed a USB socket on top of the dash like the Bronco has?

I’ve got a Bulletpoint mount installed in the dash cubby in front of the center speaker. My plan was to mount my phone and GoPro camera and possibly other electronics and instal a USB socket up top somewhere in that same cubby area as to avoid having cables dangling down the front of the infotainment into the ports. While I was installing the Bulletpoint mount I realized there wasn’t enough room for the socket, the area isn’t deep enough before hitting the top of the infotainment internals.

Has anyone executed something similar successfully in roughly the same area. Tips would be much appreciated. Thank you.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe I saw it done in the Gen2 forum a while back. It may be on the headliner, can’t recall. But was a pretty cool install.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did always on hot outlets from my aux battery in the bed to under the rear seat, inside my console, and to my dash by the builtright rack.

I also did a direct wire to my main battery inside my glove box. Everything is fused and/or breakered.

The reason I did this is so I could push solar into those batteries while parked and ignition off - through a little stick to the window solar (in or outside the truck) or via my larger folding panels 120w without hitting the timed switch off of the standard outlets. It also lets me charge my gear when camped or run my fridge/cooler.

The aux battery is on a low volt disconnect in case I drain it too much. The glovebox one isn't something I use for leaving a load connected to it and killing my main battery. During the first part of the lockdowns I didn't use my truck for a couple of weeks and that little 30w solar to the main battery would keep it up.

You could run to your dash mount via upfitter, direct to battery, or an add a fuse.

vvngA3tLk2Hj_J2XBrCqXdQQG=w1543-h949-no?authuser=0.jpg