GEN 1 USB/SD Card Size and Format

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching for 30 minutes with no luck. If I want to remove the Nav SD Card and put my SD Card in with music, whats the max size and what format/file type does the system support? I had a 64GB card in my Hellcat and it doesn't like it, won't pull up anything. I have about 2,300 songs on it

I tried plugging in a USB card reader with my SD Card and says not supported.

Sounds like I need to get a larger USB stick. What size/format works?

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run two 32GB flash drives in mine with no issues. IIRC correctly someone told me that was the biggest I could run so haven’t tried anything larger.

nipplesNchowder

Reaction score
I use a 128 gb flash drive in my 2014. I have over 5000 songs, most in 320 kbs. FLAC files are not supported so dont bother trying to play them. System works pretty good otherwise though but is pretty basic. Just a heads up, when you go to browse for your music, theres a good chance that not all songs pop up, you need to put your USB in a computer and make sure the songs on it have accurate metadata information for each file. Google "metadata editor" and download a metadata editor to edit the information of your MP3s/MP4's on your flash drive if they are not showing up under "browse" on your sync 2.

Last edited: