UPR Oil Pan Drain Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwdilli

Reaction score
Any one have experience with the UPR oil pan drain plug? Saw an ad for one on sale and thought it might be worth looking into. But I don't want to end up with something that doesn't really work right or makes oil changes any easier.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not want anything dangling off the bottom of the oil pan like that. Something catches it off road and your engine is done before you know anything is wrong. It would be one thing if it was a big pain to get to the drain, but it isn't.

OP
OP
B

bwdilli

Reaction score
Considering that the plug is protected behind plate, I don't know how you can describe it as dangling to be snagged.

I'm not worried about access. I'm wanting to find a solution to replacing a plastic plug that requires replacement. Ford recommends replacing at every oil change.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Considering that the plug is protected behind plate, I don't know how you can describe it as dangling to be snagged.

I'm not worried about access. I'm wanting to find a solution to replacing a plastic plug that requires replacement. Ford recommends replacing at every oil change.

Wow I didn't know that. Lets see now, I've done roughly 35 oil changes on my gen 1, that could add up in a hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free