Upper Radiator hose connector popped off engine while driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottegm

Reaction score
Two problems. Last year Ford had to pull the front section of the motor apart for the cam phasers or something I can't remember. I left and the radiator hose connector popped off the engine, they corrected, and I figured they just didn't tighten it down correctly. Three weeks ago, they did the cam phasers and yesterday the same hose/ connector popped off. I took it to a regular auto repair shop next door to my place of work, and they said they wanted to replace that connector but could not get it right now, so they just tightened it back up and that's how I'm driving now...wondering if it's going to blow again!?

The other problem, right after the cam phasers were installed (this appears to have corrected the rattle on startup) now I have a rattle on deceleration. I'm told its the muffler so I'm looking into replacing the muffler on this Eco boost engine. Any input on what muffler I should purchase?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two problems. Last year Ford had to pull the front section of the motor apart for the cam phasers or something I can't remember. I left and the radiator hose connector popped off the engine, they corrected, and I figured they just didn't tighten it down correctly. Three weeks ago, they did the cam phasers and yesterday the same hose/ connector popped off. I took it to a regular auto repair shop next door to my place of work, and they said they wanted to replace that connector but could not get it right now, so they just tightened it back up and that's how I'm driving now...wondering if it's going to blow again!?

The other problem, right after the cam phasers were installed (this appears to have corrected the rattle on startup) now I have a rattle on deceleration. I'm told its the muffler so I'm looking into replacing the muffler on this Eco boost engine. Any input on what muffler I should purchase?
Hold on. If all thus happened after a dealer take it back to them and get it fixed. Big mistake taking it to a regular shop.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had my engine replaced recently on my gen 1. had my upper radiator hose come off and lost all my coolant. its $100 in coolant to fill the truck. make the repairing shop pay for it. the clamp for the hose is kinda weird, but you can put a hose clamp around it to keep it tight until the new part arrives.