Upgrading the TWINS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Graybeard

Reaction score
I may take you up on that! She has never stalled on me even though she sounds close. The other week I noticed my marker lights were dimming (flashing?) with the low idle.

donducaleti

Reaction score
Been driving the hell out of it. This is my daily driver. I've put about 9k on the clock since these mods. No actual Dyno pulls though. Sorry guys. She is a beast and I am absolutely in love with it.

Not a ton of updates to provide. She has been reliable and scoots whenever I push the right pedal. Been primarily running the 93 oct tune although E85 is looking pretty darn good right now given pump prices.

I will tell you that the added power has not been advantageous in winter. In stock trim, I used to hammer down pretty much everywhere. She now needs to be in AWD or the tires aren't happy. Heavy throttle still makes me squeeze the steering wheel tight.

The only negative that I could possibly give is that the idle is still pretty low on a cold morning. Despite all the learning and driving I've done, it sounds like a cammed engine at idle - a bit rough. As long as she idles above 600rpm, its not too bad but she sometimes likes to hover around 500. There are no cam changes on this engine. Just the turbo swap. The exhaust note is a little deeper than a stock Raptor. Not terribly noticeable.
That's awesome - I'm glad to hear it! I have a '19 Limited and am slowly working my way towards the new turbos and the direction of your build.

Question, however, - if I don't have plans to run E85, would I need anything in terms of fuel upgrades to run reliable over a long term? I'm really looking to just have a monster of an F-150, but one that is reliable. Given that, I don't think I'll ever run E85, but, if the new turbos starve the engine of fuel at full tilt with a stock fuel system I'm not sure which I would specifically benefit from.

OP
OP
G

Graybeard

Reaction score
Question, however, - if I don't have plans to run E85, would I need anything in terms of fuel upgrades to run reliable over a long term?
NOPE. Don't do a damn thing to the fuel system if you aren't planning to run E85. Stock has plenty of headroom for gasoline. E85 requires almost twice the volume of fuel as gasoline for the same air charge.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those with the R lust with this mod is substantially cheaper and honestly comparable to a R in stock form. Has to be easily 550 on 93 no?

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with the R lust with this mod is substantially cheaper and honestly comparable to a R in stock form. Has to be easily 550 on 93 no?
That is my guess, but it would be good to see some data substantiating it. It feels like about as far as you want to push a stock block.