Upgrading My Wheels / Tires on My 2020 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Henson

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading my factory 17" wheels and tires to the 20" fuel rebel 6 with a 35x12.50 tire. Don't want to comprise the ride quality of the truck as I do a lot of highway driving for work. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JH

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading my factory 17" wheels and tires to the 20" fuel rebel 6 with a 35x12.50 tire. Don't want to comprise the ride quality of the truck as I do a lot of highway driving for work. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JH
I've got 20 inch venom Rex with 325 60 20 tires. I do mostly highway driving and I love it. I do have my stock beadlock's and tires on now for the winter though. The rebels look good too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you don't want to comprimise the ride stick with 17" and a load range C tire.

My truck came with 20's, going to 17's was a huge upgrade in ride.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 20 inch venom Rex with 325 60 20 tires. I do mostly highway driving and I love it. I do have my stock beadlock's and tires on now for the winter though. The rebels look good too.

I should add that mine is a 2017 so different shocks than yours. No idea how much different a '20 raptor rides than a '17.

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
As others have said you won't have much sidewall with the 20" wheel. It's more of a look factor when you go to that size wheel. You can expect more road feedback, too.

Outside of that go for it if that's the look you want!

javelinas_10

Reaction score
I wish i had stuck with my 17”. I use to strictly use it on hwys so it was never a problem. Well now i work in oilfield and have to drive down wash board roads. And the ride has definitely been rough. If you stick to paved roads shouldn’t be a problem as i never did until scenery change for my job. I have:
35 x 12.5 R20 Toyo Open Country M/T
20 x 9 Fuel Hostage Wheels 12mm offset