Upgrades for Bed Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there an upgrade for the 2 bed lights in the 2019 trucks? Mine work fairly well, in a perfect world there would be 100% bolt-in replacement light assemblies for both rear positions that do a little better job illuminating the entire bed. Thank you.....

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know of a bolt in replacement, but no matter what bulb you put in there, it's going to be subject to shadows from anything that's in front of it. Have you considered adding some LED strip lights underneath each bed rail? I saw a picture/video of that somewhere, but haven't done it myself. I would think that getting to the 12V power coming from the switch wouldn't be too difficult, so then all of it could come on at once.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know of a bolt in replacement, but no matter what bulb you put in there, it's going to be subject to shadows from anything that's in front of it. Have you considered adding some LED strip lights underneath each bed rail? I saw a picture/video of that somewhere, but haven't done it myself. I would think that getting to the 12V power coming from the switch wouldn't be too difficult, so then all of it could come on at once.
we probably did about 200 trucks with leds under the bed rails. i found it was the best option to light the bed without blinding you or casting shadows. theres threads on here where i have posted some pics. but finding them.......

Sean M Heard

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the F150leds.com bed light kit. Unfortunately when it came to wiring it up they want you to drill a hole in the plastic retainer clip under the passenger side sill plate. That harness on my ‘19 was wrapped and I didn’t want to separate it and jack with the harness on a $72k truck. My next thought was to run the wire to the actual bed light switch. Any guidance or thoughts on that would be appreciated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My next thought was to run the wire to the actual bed light switch. Any guidance or thoughts on that would be appreciated.

It’s easily accessed under the truck but it’s a very, very small wire. I can tell you that powering 2x b/d squadron sports is enough to throw a BCM DTC, disabling the bed lights. it won’t trip a breaker or blow a fuse, but you have to clear the code to get the lights working again.

Sean M Heard

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sean M Heard

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s easily accessed under the truck but it’s a very, very small wire. I can tell you that powering 2x b/d squadron sports is enough to throw a BCM DTC, disabling the bed lights. it won’t trip a breaker or blow a fuse, but you have to clear the code to get the lights working again.
I’ll hit them up for the power drain from the bed strip leds. Hopefully the existing bed light power can support.

mobob

Reaction score
I put led strip lights on each side up by the rail. When I put the rock lights under my truck I ran another fused lead directly from the battery to the bed. I then put a push button sealed switch inline hidden under the rail. The entire setup is basically hidden until turned on and it works well to light up the whole bed mounted up high. I used bluewaterled lights and switches and they are right at 6 years without any issues, but any quality ones should work the same.