Upgraded trans cooler from Fordparts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T3amfish

Your mom goes to college
Reaction score
Was researching good things to upgrade on the Gen1 raptors and came across a post or 2 about the transmission cooler being too small. They call it the “Saudi” cooler. It’s double the size of the stock US cooler and is a direct replacement and fits the stock location with only 1 minor modification to the inlet hose that you just trim off.

Ford part # DL3-7A095-B

The -B signifies the larger cooler, the
-A is our stock cooler.

I picked it up for $91 from Sam Galloway Lincoln Ford. They shipped really fast. See pics

here is a quick vid I found of someone swapping it. There are other longer vids but this is quick and to the point

08E62110-D57E-43A7-84BC-E70CFB8F4E80.jpeg

8BF4854F-CDD1-4D43-B7A5-9A762D761FDD.jpeg

074F294C-490D-4077-8809-E22B06268A13.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeeesh, that looked so damn easy. Yeah, good idea about adding some fluid before you put that top hose on.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was researching good things to upgrade on the Gen1 raptors and came across a post or 2 about the transmission cooler being too small. They call it the “Saudi” cooler. It’s double the size of the stock US cooler and is a direct replacement and fits the stock location with only 1 minor modification to the inlet hose that you just trim off.

Ford part # DL3-7A095-B

The -B signifies the larger cooler, the
-A is our stock cooler.

I picked it up for $91 from Sam Galloway Lincoln Ford. They shipped really fast. See pics

here is a quick vid I found of someone swapping it. There are other longer vids but this is quick and to the point

View attachment 152395

View attachment 152396

View attachment 152397

Dollar for dollar, I’m convinced that this is one of the best mods that you can do to a Gen 1 (especially if you live in a hotter climate). The install took me 30 minutes, and dropped my trans temps 20 degrees while towing an enclosed car trailer.

Anthony k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dollar for dollar, I’m convinced that this is one of the best mods that you can do to a Gen 1 (especially if you live in a hotter climate). The install took me 30 minutes, and dropped my trans temps 20 degrees while towing an enclosed car trailer.

it lowers the temp ZERO!
I drive to my cabin 3 hours away in all weather, towing a trailer every single time. I log temps and fuel.
This cooler didn’t change the temp AT ALL! not one single degree!

I make this trip 2-3x a month.
Exact same route

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it lowers the temp ZERO!
I drive to my cabin 3 hours away in all weather, towing a trailer every single time. I log temps and fuel.

Exact same route
Thankyou for the update......
I was very tempted to add this to my ToDo list

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it lowers the temp ZERO!

Exact same route

What temps are you seeing?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it lowers the temp ZERO!

Exact same route
i dont think it will necessarily lower temps, but it should regulate it better so you dont overheat as much

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it lowers the temp ZERO!

Exact same route

I got the same results; seem to make no difference at all. But I do feel better about adding it. Just towed my boat to FL and back as I have done many times. Highest temp was 203 going over a bridge at 77mph. Normal is 195 with or without towing anything, winter or summer.

R,
HAP