Upgraded to a '13 Tux Black Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPQ8

Reaction score
Hi all,

I previously owned a 2010 Blue Raptor (5.4 Engine) loved the car but decided to sell it and look for a good affordable upgrade.

I came across this 2013 Black Raptor that had only 4000 miles on it! so basically brand new.. the guy hates the truck and doesn't off road at all and thought he would use it as a daily driver and didn't work out for him!

Anyhow I got it off him for a fair price..

Some issues I got:

1- I need a brake light LED Reckon smoky thing to get rid of the horrible while brake light. ( got that online today )

2- I always wanted some sort of CF interior and didn't do it on my '10 because of the exterior color which I didn't think would match. ( anyone has done this? please show pics or links )

3- Navigation system does not work where I live ( middle east - Kuwait ) well it works, but the map is still US map.. anyone had this issue before? how can I update map if even possible ?

4- I cant really do a lot on exterior because the law enforcement here are strict on decals and any change of car specs or looks, and im not really looking for performance upgrades... so any suggestions on light modifications? I saw these illuminated SVT/ raptor logos.. anyone has them? look ok? or tacky ?

5- I know in the states you guys use MPH and not KMH but I would really like to change the dials if possible to KMH so im not always over speeding haha.

Any other suggestions please id like to see your input... Thanks!

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

I previously owned a 2010 Blue Raptor (5.4 Engine) loved the car but decided to sell it and look for a good affordable upgrade.

I came across this 2013 Black Raptor that had only 4000 miles on it! so basically brand new.. the guy hates the truck and doesn't off road at all and thought he would use it as a daily driver and didn't work out for him!

Anyhow I got it off him for a fair price..

Some issues I got:

1- I need a brake light LED Reckon smoky thing to get rid of the horrible while brake light. ( got that online today )

2- I always wanted some sort of CF interior and didn't do it on my '10 because of the exterior color which I didn't think would match. ( anyone has done this? please show pics or links )

3- Navigation system does not work where I live ( middle east - Kuwait ) well it works, but the map is still US map.. anyone had this issue before? how can I update map if even possible ?

4- I cant really do a lot on exterior because the law enforcement here are strict on decals and any change of car specs or looks, and im not really looking for performance upgrades... so any suggestions on light modifications? I saw these illuminated SVT/ raptor logos.. anyone has them? look ok? or tacky ?

5- I know in the states you guys use MPH and not KMH but I would really like to change the dials if possible to KMH so im not always over speeding haha.

Any other suggestions please id like to see your input... Thanks!

the raptors not a car, but the 5.4 is closer to being a car than the 6.2 i guess

OP
OP
R

RPQ8

Reaction score
Thats your input? what a pathetic reply .. im moving to a different forum because of your stupid answer lol.

if only there was a way to block idiots like you from making any reply or even read threads.

BYE! (dont waste time on replying im not comming back to check lol)

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just a newbie here myself and mostly just lurk but this was an awful way to greet a newcomer to these forums. Lots of folks here bust chops and have thick skins but, the guys first post and he was requesting assistance. What does he get? Dag, am I the only one here that thinks this is a bad representation of the purpose these forums exist?

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just a newbie here myself and mostly just lurk but this was an awful way to greet a newcomer to these forums. Lots of folks here bust chops and have thick skins but, the guys first post and he was requesting assistance. What does he get? Dag, am I the only one here that thinks this is a bad representation of the purpose these forums exist?

i have noticed this alot on this forum! but his second reply is kind of over reacted.