Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Upgraded speakers

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]' started by fastroads, Nov 25, 2020.

1. fastroads

fastroads Member

I can agree with this - as most are looking for a V8 sound out of a V6. I have heard a few exhaust systems that come really close but not my #1 most important mod.

I do spend a lot of time on the road everyday commuting to work so yes sound is extremely important and my OCD kicks in when music doesn't sound the way it should.

2. fastroads

fastroads Member

3. goblues38

goblues38 FRF Addict

sigh.....you didnt do your homework. as other will tell you....the factory stereo has bass mangement. turning it up only turns down the bass. untill you get clean signal...you are just burning money on everything after the source of your problem...which is the source.

4. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

do you have crossovers that come with the speakers wired correctly? you definitely have an issue somewhere. regardless sound is going to suffer until you add a sound processor. 2018 and newer trucks have the b&o system which allows the use of the nav tv piece. unfortunately thats not available for the 17.

5. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

What he said.

I don’t know what the non-sony system sounds like, but the sony mixing was awful. Songs I’d heard for decades sounded different than before and most assuredly not in a good way. Crude and imprecise.

6. Hush Car Audio

Hush Car Audio Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I build custom harnesses for the base system. PM me if interested.

7. dhmcfadin

dhmcfadin Full Access Member

The NavTV Zen a2b is not a dsp or sound processor of any kind.

8. dhmcfadin

This is the wrong harness for your truck and should only be used the with the axxess dsp. Axxess is junk in general.

Buy a pre-fab for-11ck harness from hush. It will be completely plug and play take all of the guess work out of wiring. Just plug and play. No splicing of any kind.

Hush Car Audio and smurfslayer like this.
  9. dhmcfadin

1. He does not have the Sony system
    2. Factory non-amplified trucks do NOT have bass management or eq attenuation of any kind on the front channels. This has been verified countless times by multiple industry experts. The rear channels have an 80hz highpass crossover applied but rears are for fill. They are not designed to be full frequency nor should they ever be run full frequency.

OP- you have a significant wiring issue. You need to disassemble your system, taking your time to trace each wire. You should be using the for-11ck harness and you should have a wiring diagram that corresponds with it. With the components you have you should notice a substantial improvement in overall output and sound quality.

metalwhiz likes this.
  10. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

i never said it was. he posted a link to a harness that he purchased. was simply stating with the b&o system, that nav tv has something available