Upgraded from cheap amazon led to s8 behind the grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
no effect. the clearance isn’t great, but it’s enough for the shutters to work.

it’s possible to test them with the grille assembly out of the truck, so once you button up the 2 halves of the grille, you can manually actuate them to see if you have a problem before final assembly.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How ironic... I just got my S8 bar installed, and it was aimed a little high... my light aims towards the sky in the distance. looking at the setup, I was hoping I could adjust using an extension and a swivel socket... the swivel socket is at my dads so can’t do it until tomorrow. That would really beat having to take the grille off again... I look up s8 on the forum and just start clicking the posts... what do I find? A picture of a pro using a swivel socket and an extension with instructions on how to adjust. I was pretty happy with myself being that i am not on the same level and had an idea that is going to work.

Thanks for a great post and insight.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yup that's the way to do it all right. That's how we do it for our customers :) Find the smallest socket you have and a swivel and just go a little bit at a time