Upgrade to a 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sliver Raptor

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are they still taking orders for 13's never ordered a vehicle before honestly so not sure how to go about that. I'd assume just talk to a dealer about it. After passing that terrain screw on the road with beadlocks I am insanely tempted. It looked great, was like off white when I saw it head on the looked tan when it passed on by. Really cool looking. Blacking that out would be nice.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tax tail wagging the dog....keep the 2011 there is no financial justification to trade for. 2011...now if you just want the truck and don't care than that is a different story..

Reminds me when the wife will go buy something on sale and tell me she bought something for a $1,000 that was on sale from $1,200 and said we saved $200...and I say no you spent a $1,000....spending to save...

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup! they are taking orders.. the wait is about 2~3 months..

See if your dealer can get you a deal.. If not pM me..

I never seen a terrain color.. but the other day saw a white one.. lOOked nice and clean.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Move to Oklahoma... I pay $91 every year to own the truck. And my Fiancee pays less than that do to the indian card haha. KS has the same F'd up rule and they straight **** people for owning shit there.

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows if they discontinue the Terrain color, it will be harder to come by in a year or two. Upgrade, is my opinion

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the one plus in 2012/2013 is the TORSEN front differential. Even with the problems some are having when pushed hard, it has improved the off-road capability. Not high speed desert running but the "regular" 4x4 off-road stuff. I want to do both and after seeing some off-road footage of the "older" Raptors and the 2012 and up, there is an improvement.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To the OP, if you can swing it go ahead. Financially you'll loose money but that hasn't stopped me in the past. But keep in mind all you're paying for is the color. Trading in just for the torson is plain silly. First, you can easily get an limited slip installed. I've seen a write up in here on a far better unit than the stock unit. Also, I've read about issues when going to mid or top perch. 2nd, the granny safety technology has gotten progressively more intrusive each year. For me, I don't see enough feature upgrades if any at all to make it worth it.

But, if you got the coin and really want the terrain go for it.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
going from my 2010 to a 2013 I can say has been awesome. aside from the "big" changes (HID's, MFT, Gauge cluster LCD, etc.) I really enjoy a lot of the small differences such as the power folding mirrors, adjustable front head rests, tilting rear head rests, manumatic shift, cooled seats, front camera...the list goes on.

the only thing i didn't like was the sound system sounded way worse than my 2010.