Upgrade Stock LED Low/High Driving lights Also A pillar Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hahn Solo

Reaction score
This is what I put together over the weekend. Installed "Baja Designs wannabes" in the lower grill and blacked out the skid plate and set the mesh screens in bumper openings. Wanted to go with the real LP4's but couldn't quite justify the price at this time....... amazing product but a little spendy!!!!

View attachment 137948

View attachment 137949

wow that took a turn quick. I think everyone just wanted to know what other cheaper options you used. It seemed like a genuine question to me. Soooo what alternative did you use and how does it look at night?

I talked to Brock via PM because I’m thinking about playing with some cheap chinese lights. He got them from Amazon Canada, they are sold under multiple Chinese company names and I found two copies of them on Amazon USA. He also made his own bracket and wire harness for them.

PXPART:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V35SDST/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

MOVOTOR:
https://www.amazon.com/Shooter-MOVOTOR-Road-Led-Light-Waterproof-Tractor/dp/B07V36HF1W/

Thanks for the info Brock. If you have time I’d also like to see some pics of how they light things up at night.

Hahn Solo

Reaction score
A few of the biggest complaints for cheap led lights is often 1) The hardware rusted 2) The coating faded in the sun 3) Moisture in the lights.

What I’ve done with cheap light bars I’ve used in the past is: buy my own stainless fasteners at ACE Hardware, and then plastidip everything but the lens to keep it looking nice and add some protection. In Utah we have desert humidity so moisture getting inside usually isn’t a problem unless the seals are really bad or the lens is cracked.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A few of the biggest complaints for cheap led lights is often 1) The hardware rusted 2) The coating faded in the sun 3) Moisture in the lights.

I can confirm all 3. If you’re considering fogs or driving lights on the bumper, this is still an option. You can wire for a decent set of big lights, mount up cheap amazon lights until the next Black Friday sale or you save some pennies for higher quality lights.

I would -not- do this for behind the grille lights, or something similarly difficult to install.

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to Brock via PM because I’m thinking about playing with some cheap chinese lights. He got them from Amazon Canada, they are sold under multiple Chinese company names and I found two copies of them on Amazon USA. He also made his own bracket and wire harness for them.

PXPART:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V35SDST/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

MOVOTOR:
https://www.amazon.com/Shooter-MOVOTOR-Road-Led-Light-Waterproof-Tractor/dp/B07V36HF1W/

Thanks for the info Brock. If you have time I’d also like to see some pics of how they light things up at night.

Wow, those are seriously inexpensive options...though I read the ratings and several folks complained about condensation issues. I suppose this may not be too much of a problem in drier climates but here in NW Montana, I’d probably opt to pay the piper and get better quality control (and warranty) from the big dogs like Rigid or Baja. They really did completely copy the design of those LP’s though. Thanks!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, those are seriously inexpensive options...though I read the ratings and several folks complained about condensation issues. I suppose this may not be too much of a problem in drier climates but here in NW Montana, I’d probably opt to pay the piper and get better quality control (and warranty) from the big dogs like Rigid or Baja. They really did completely copy the design of those LP’s though. Thanks!

We have a phrase around here... "Buy Once. Cry Once"

Better for your sanity in the long run then having to keep taking something apart all the time to fix it/re-seal it.

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another forum, someone suggested putting PPF over the light bar prior to installation. I think that would be a banner idea and plan on doing it. Can’t be too expensive, I’d expect.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auxiliary lighting definitely falls under the category of; Buy the best and only buy once. In the past 9 years I have seen hundreds of light set-ups. Condensation and housing deterioration is going to be close to 100% on any Chinese stuff within a year if you live anywhere with a winter. Quality lights will last you the life of your Raptor and if for some reason you have an issue you want to know you have a warranty for repair/replacement. I recommend Baja Designs and Rigid as my two personal favorites based on my experience and I highly suggest using FRF vendors to insure you get the best service and pricing.