Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Upgrade Stock LED Low/High Driving lights Also A pillar Lights?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]' started by Troutrad, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Big Blue

Big Blue Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

WTF!? Why in the hell would a post regarding driving lights turn into complete crap?

A number of comments made by several members here that could result in a Ban. I will refrain this time. I would appreciate if the longer term members would help new members versus antagonizing them. Thank you.

19PANDA and K223 like this.
  2. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

@Big Blue

did any old timer really step out of line here? Yeah, I concede some colorful exchanges but it seemed we had some “quick to trigger” responses.

Sometimes the typed / written word doesn’t accurately convey sentiment like a face to face or phone call discussion.

And really, who hasn’t been on the receiving end of —sometimes well deserved criticism from @Oldfart ?

Let’s not go the same way as some the more virulent trolls here and mess up a good thing.

Abrax01 and Oldfart like this.
  3. Oldfart

Oldfart Full Access Member

In my defense, sometimes I'm left unattended!

oldfart angel.jpg

4. Troutrad

Troutrad Full Access Member

I appreciate all the help. I really like this forum and most of the posts are quite helpful. B. Steele, I really don’t think anyone was getting on your case; I’m sure others would be interested in budget options. I’m sure there’s a bit of you get what you pay for in quality, lumens, longevity, etc, but sometimes folks want a budget option but by not letting others know what your Baja replacements were, no one is better off. Yeah, I’m sure there are snobs here that only swear by Rigid or Baja and anything else is junk but I get the feeling most folks are just regular folks and pretty respectful. I’m not the strongest mechanically so if i’m gonna undertake a project, it’s gonna be the best I can find cuz I don’t want to do it again. That’s one of the reasons the behind the grill S8 kinda scares me.

Booth9999 likes this.
  5. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It's not too tricky. Just a bunch of bolts to remove to get your grill out and then it's all plug and play from there.

6. Crunchtime2k

Crunchtime2k Full Access Member

Great forum, there are a few really over the top disrespectful types here , OLDFART comes to mind quickly. he feels has the right to criticize whoever and name call whenever. Seems he gets a pass many times.

7. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

It’s seriously not hard, a 2 - 3 pint project. Add a bourbon chaser for the first time through. I did the deed thrice; first for my budget leds behind the grille, then I replaced them with the S8 and the third Tim for direct drive air horns. Others on here have done the S8 install and we have multiple S8 install write ups on the gen2 lighting forum.

8. Oldfart

Oldfart Full Access Member

bleed.jpg

Booth9999 and smurfslayer like this.
  9. Abrax01

Abrax01 FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have the 40" Rigid combined with the ADD Honey Badger front bumper. The camera FOV loss is minimal and only at the bottom. I won't say the interference is unnoticeable but it's not bad either.

Troutrad likes this.
  10. Booth9999

Booth9999 FRF Addict

Man the lights really look like the new Duramax lights. I’m not a fan of the 4 lights in a row look.

wow that took a turn quick. I think everyone just wanted to know what other cheaper options you used. It seemed like a genuine question to me. Soooo what alternative did you use and how does it look at night?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Troutrad likes this.