Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Upgrade Sony system

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 1]' started by movi, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Craig A

Craig A Gate Keeper Products Supporting Vendor

Was there anything special you had to do for the install? The product description says that it's for non-Sony equipped trucks, so I'm curious as to where that comes into play. Maybe up behind the head unit?

2. pat247

pat247 Full Access Member

It's to bad the search function on FRF does not work cause there were several threads on this mod a few years back. Might try doing a Google or Bing search with a pointer to FRF.

Bottom line is it can be done. I put a Kicker kit in my 2014 with the Sony system several years ago, it to said would not work with Sony system. Best I recall about the install is you don't use the amp that comes in the kit just replace the door speakers. When it comes to the sub there is a couple ways to do this. I chose to reuse the factory sub signal wires and ran a fused power wire from the battery to power the amp on the Kicker sub. That's it in a nut shell. It dramatically helped the Sony system sound better for a reasonable cost.

3. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

it doesnt work with the sony system because of the subwoofer. the speakers will work fine. getting the sub amp working will take some time

4. Hush Car Audio

Hush Car Audio Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've done a lot of Sony builds with great results. Please PM me if interested.

5. jgwoody

jgwoody Full Access Member

I upgraded all 4 door speakers and 2 tweeters with infinity kappas, and installed a kicker hideaway sub. Used forscan to remove the Sony sound limiter, sounds pretty damn good and spent less than 500 altogether. It won’t be deep low window rattling bass but it’s pretty good inside the cab.

W84 likes this.