Upfitter wiring advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I haven't installed my three Baja Designs kit yet but might tie the Squadron white wide cornering lights to the headlights if it's easy to get to and If it'll handle the amps, install my Squadron Pro Combo and Spot lights, 4 total, on Uplifter switch 5. Reverse lights on Uplifter switch 6.

My A Pillar Ditch lights on Uplifter switch 2.

Leaving 1 for in the grill or on roof mounted lights and three and four open for maybe an air compressor and rock lights or winch.

I know the 1 & 2 or good for 15 Amps, 3 & 4 for 10 Amps and 5 & 6 for 5 Amps.

However, if I remember correctly, I think these all have their own relays built in on the 2019 anyway or am I mistaken?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m using the FRL harness and after some quick thought I put my most used lights starting with SAE Whites on S1 and then Amber WC on S2 and Driving Combo on S3. Since the amp rating of the these lights are still very low, I just wired them to the switch’s in the order I use them most often.

That said I would next wire backup lights most likely to S6. I like to be able to reach and flick something I need with mostly feel and not having to look.

I’m also thinking of using a switch for that tailgate release mod. Just concerned I may release it accidentally at some point. So haven’t done it yet. So the remote works!

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Rigid triples in the bumper ends and Rigid A pillar mounts up front; baja s1 reverse.
Aux 1 legal sae rigid fogs
Aux 2 illegal spots x4
Aux 3 A pillar spots
Aux 4 s1 reverse

OP
OP
Biggwrm

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice any flickering? My BD sports I notice a flickering when sitting still, shining on the garage. More noticeable on the spots with the clear lenses.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to guess your observations, but are they flickering meaning an indifference with the light output not being constant. Or by chance they are actually shaking or loosely vibrating on the bracket mount? I would double check this and make sure the lenses are screwed on tight.

Otherwise could be a circuit or light issue.

OP
OP
Biggwrm

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to guess your observations, but are they flickering meaning an indifference with the light output not being constant. Or by chance they are actually shaking or loosely vibrating on the bracket mount? I would double check this and make sure the lenses are screwed on tight.

Otherwise could be a circuit or light issue.

OP
OP
Biggwrm

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely light output. Shaking harness tapping on light makes no difference.
Assuming a driver pulsing or something.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Anyone notice any flickering? My BD sports I notice a flickering when sitting still, shining on the garage. More noticeable on the spots with the clear lenses.

If they’re all flickering, I’d suspect a wiring problem. If one is flickering, maybe the light but I’d still lean towards checking the wiring.