Upfitter Wires in Cab and Engine Bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wired the radar detector to the wires inside the truck. You will also need to wire the corresponding wires under the hood (located behind the battery) together as well. It's a pretty simple process - shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you wire your radar detector to the inside set of wires at passenger floorboard or set of wires in the engine bay?
The best way to explain it: wiring to just the floorboard wires only gets the device power. You then take the interior wire and splice it to the wire behind the battery. This gives you aux switch capability

Adrenlin

Reaction score
I am installing an interior lightbar and the supplier stated the following:

"On the new Raptors the upfitter switches have pass through wires in the passenger kick panel as well that further aids in the installation on the F series. The other side of the pass-through wires are under the hood and kind of hidden by the battery, but it saves having to run wires through the firewall."

Has anyone located and used just the wires in the cab to act as a switch? Would love a picture of where they are located in the cab. I already understand I need to run the power wire to the battery via firewall, but could save some time with the two switches.
So what are your thoughts on the Mpower interior light bar?

I've been considering this, but wasn't sure about how much it would affect the windshield visibility, sun visor use, and what the light output would be like.