Upfitter Wires in Cab and Engine Bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
I am installing an interior lightbar and the supplier stated the following:

"On the new Raptors the upfitter switches have pass through wires in the passenger kick panel as well that further aids in the installation on the F series. The other side of the pass-through wires are under the hood and kind of hidden by the battery, but it saves having to run wires through the firewall."

Has anyone located and used just the wires in the cab to act as a switch? Would love a picture of where they are located in the cab. I already understand I need to run the power wire to the battery via firewall, but could save some time with the two switches.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to run power through the firewall - that's the purpose of the existing wires and aux switches. I don't have a picture handy, but the interior wires are in the front passenger side floorboard directly in front of the door - there's a little plastic panel up there that pops off - the one that's touching the floor.

You'll wire the light to one of the aux wires (color coded to the aux switches so you can choose the one you want/need). Then you just have to find the 2 bundles under the hood (behind the battery) and wire together the wires that are the same color you chose in the cab.

It's actually a VERY simple process. I always hardwire my V1 radar detector to one of the switches so I can turn it off and on with the flip of a switch!

OP
OP
CodeOrangeGen3

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
You shouldn't need to run power through the firewall - that's the purpose of the existing wires and aux switches. I don't have a picture handy, but the interior wires are in the front passenger side floorboard directly in front of the door - there's a little plastic panel up there that pops off - the one that's touching the floor.

You'll wire the light to one of the aux wires (color coded to the aux switches so you can choose the one you want/need). Then you just have to find the 2 bundles under the hood (behind the battery) and wire together the wires that are the same color you chose in the cab.

It's actually a VERY simple process. I always hardwire my V1 radar detector to one of the switches so I can turn it off and on with the flip of a switch!
Thanks! This light has a constant hot that is usually routed directly to the battery, and two switch wires for Amber & White. Do I not need to run the constant hot to the battery? If not, where would that tie into?

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! This light has a constant hot that is usually routed directly to the battery, and two switch wires for Amber & White. Do I not need to run the constant hot to the battery? If not, where would that tie into?
That I can't be 100% certain about. I'm not sure how to switch the light between amber and white - I'd have to see what it is exactly that you're installing. However, the aux switches and wiring that's factory installed provides you with direct wiring to the truck.

I have a light bar (aux 1), fogs (aux 2), and my V1 (aux 3) all wired to the switches via the factory wiring. However, none of my lights are a dual setup.

OP
OP
CodeOrangeGen3

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
That I can't be 100% certain about. I'm not sure how to switch the light between amber and white - I'd have to see what it is exactly that you're installing. However, the aux switches and wiring that's factory installed provides you with direct wiring to the truck.

I have a light bar (aux 1), fogs (aux 2), and my V1 (aux 3) all wired to the switches via the factory wiring. However, none of my lights are a dual setup.
Yeah this one requires two upfitter switches just for the colors. I think I will need to run the constant hot to the battery. It's the mPower Interior Split Light.

Ryno8551

Reaction score

Did you wire your radar detector to the inside set of wires at passenger floorboard or set of wires in the engine bay?