GEN 2 Upfitter Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. I was still feeling beaten that I could not locate them. :-(

Don't be! It's all good, we'll get it figured out. As @TRMFAM mentioned, do you have a test light or volt meter? That will allow you to see if you have voltage on the power side of the fuse.

TRMFAM

Reaction score
Mine is a 2020 and the relay box, for the upfitters I assume is right next to the underhood fuse box...right where the upfitter wires are. I actually took the lid off it thinking it and the fuse box were one big lid but no, they are separate but the releases are like 3" apart.

Gopher, my apologies, I think you answered this, if you use volt meter to the upfitter wire and ground with switch on / ignition on or running you get 0 volts correct?

If the above is true, @FordTechOne would he go into the relay box and ensure he is getting power? If before and after relay is 12V then something else but if only feed side is 12V and output side is 0 that would mean the relay blown correct?

Silly me, I thought the upfitters were on with the truck on or off! I was like WTH I am getting 0 volts maybe I have same issue but turned accessory on and walla...POWER!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is a 2020 and the relay box, for the upfitters I assume is right next to the underhood fuse box...right where the upfitter wires are. I actually took the lid off it thinking it and the fuse box were one big lid but no, they are separate but the releases are like 3" apart.

Gopher, my apologies, I think you answered this, if you use volt meter to the upfitter wire and ground with switch on / ignition on or running you get 0 volts correct?

If the above is true, @FordTechOne would he go into the relay box and ensure he is getting power? If before and after relay is 12V then something else but if only feed side is 12V and output side is 0 that would mean the relay blown correct?

Silly me, I thought the upfitters were on with the truck on or off! I was like WTH I am getting 0 volts maybe I have same issue but turned accessory on and walla...POWER!

Correct. If there is 12V coming into the BJB on the circuit from the upfitter switch and no power coming out of the BJB on the corresponding relay controlled circuit, that would indicate there is high resistance in the circuit between the switch and BJB, or the relay has failed. The upfitter relays are integral with the Battery Junction Box (BJB); they are non-serviceable. If 12V is coming into the BJB from the upfitter switches and all relays are inoperative, check the relay ground, which is common to all of the upfitter relays. It is circuit GD132, and ground connection G102.

OP
OP
gopher870

gopher870

Reaction score
Yes, switch #4 illuminates as intended but i get no 12 volts at the fuse or at the upfitter wire. All other upfitter switches are connected and working as intended. I may have been looking directly at the BJB all this time and did not realize it. Since the relays are not serviceable they do not look like relays; they look like a power block.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, switch #4 illuminates as intended but i get no 12 volts at the fuse or at the upfitter wire. All other upfitter switches are connected and working as intended. I may have been looking directly at the BJB all this time and did not realize it. Since the relays are not serviceable they do not look like relays; they look like a power block.
Did you ever get it figured out, I’m curios to know what the solutions was?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gopher870

gopher870

Reaction score
No. I suspect the BJB. I will have the dealer look at it when I have the recall taken care off and a few other minor issues. Will update.

OP
OP
gopher870

gopher870

Reaction score
Issue resolved by dealer replacing "a fuse" but I don't know more. The Service Coordinator was polite but did not know the specifics and he was too busy to go check (he was running around like nobody's business). So, unfortunately I cannot give more details but it does not appear the BJB was the culprit. (TRMFAM) I was unable to measure the current in/out of the BJB. It is unlikely, but possible, I mis-located the proper fuse originally.

All switches are now in use and I've separated out all of the LED lights out individually. I have no near plans to add anything else so for now all Amps are with in check on the 5/10/20 amp switches. Thank you to everybody for putting your minds together to try and resolve this. That's why this forum is great.

Everyone take care.